Fast Running Blog
April 30, 2024, 12:01:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Utah USATF LDR Circuit  (Read 4207 times)
Bill Cobler
Lurker

« on: January 29, 2012, 11:02:36 pm »

I have had several ask about the USATF LDR Circuit for 2012 and we are in the organizing stage currently. Many have asked about finding the dates of the first races and because we are in the process of updating our state website to conform with what the national office wants we do not have an LDR page but will soon. But for now the Striders 1/2 will be the first race this year, Running of the Leopards 5K has dropped from the circuit. When our LDR committee gets the final schedule together I will post a link here, so check back. Thanks for your support.
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:07:53 am »

Hey Bill. Will you still be the race director for Running of the Leopards?
Bill Cobler
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 06:57:34 pm »

No, the PTA wanted to cut costs and not have it on the USATF circuit, so I told them if they wanted to make it a fun run format I would be forced to step down. It is sad because we created a good race that could have had a great tradition. When numbers drop and they see that having our local elites running is important, they may rethink things for the future. It is not always best to cut back to try to increase income. Sometimes spending more will bring in more. We do have a 5k/10K that might be added in place of this race. So keep checking back.
Jake Krong
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 07:53:45 pm »

Thanks for the updates, Bill. We appreciate having someone "in the know." Bummer on the Leopards 5K - it seemed like you had an awesome thing going with that race.
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »

RIP best 5k in Utah in my opinion.
Jake Krong
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:47:28 am »

Here's the first draft of the schedule:

http://utah.usatf.org/Sports/Road-Racing/Circuit-Schedule-2012.aspx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: