Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 05:14:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Certified" race distance on race reports  (Read 7242 times)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« on: January 21, 2012, 09:30:22 am »

Sasha,

Is it really necessary to have the feature you added on race reports about if the race is certified or the distance was non-standard?  This seems a little too much to me.  I just ran a 5k and put the distance as 3.1 miles.  When I tried to publish, I kept getting that annoying popup and couldn't proceed.  I became rather frustrated before I figured out that I had to put 3.11 mile for it to be "accepted." 

Really?  Specific to the .01?  I don't give a donkey's rear about if a race is a non-standard distance.  Are you going to force us to put 26.21875 miles for a marathon?  I mean, 26.2 must be unacceptable, cause you ignore that last 33 yards!

How about just removing this feature.  I'm not a fan of it and hope it can just disappear.  Or, keep the little check box, but get rid of the warning and the inability to publish reports.  Please.
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:44:09 pm »

I agree.  The requirement for that much precision is not necessary.  It is annoying and really has no benefit.
Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:07:04 pm »

From a usability standpoint I'd rather see a dropdown list to select the proper distance if you mark the race checkbox, although this is really nothing to complain about if you consider the service that Sasha provides here for free.
Thanks for all you do Sasha!

-Mike

Running without hills is like motorcycling without corners.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:47:52 am »

The functionality to add in races as kilometers would be ideal.
Glen
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:44:35 pm »

Add my name to the list that doesn't like the new format.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: