Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 08:04:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sciatic Nerve  (Read 6886 times)
Barry Ames
Lurker

« on: October 05, 2011, 10:05:04 pm »

I am looking for some suggestions for sciatic nerve pain and how to treat it. I have tried stretching, running slow and even taking ibuprofen. Now i am to the point of taking time off of running. Any suggestions? Also, what causes the sciatic nerve issues?
Thank You
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:11:43 pm by Barry Ames » Logged
Cheryl Keith
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 04:22:26 pm »

I had bad sciatic nerve pain a few years ago.  The best thing for me was making sure I stretched every day, especially the piriformis and hamstrings.  Strengthening the glutes and hips and everything around in those areas helps too.  Also, I had to correct some form flaws.  If I had to pick the one thing that helped me the most, it would be stretching the piriformis every day, without fail, even when you think everything feels better and you may not need to stretch any more.
Barry Ames
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »

Thank You so much. I had not stretched i a couple of days because i did not think it was helping, but now i will. I need to look into what exerciser I  need to do to strengthen my hip. Thank You very much. Smiley
Bonnie
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:10:48 am »

Hi Barry,

I  have been battling sciatic nerve problems for years.  My therapist has me doing these every day ... super easy exercise, and I have had success with them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUqfOGuEOU

Bonnie
Barry Ames
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 11:26:57 am »

Bonnie,
Thank you so much, you are awesome!!!!
Barry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: