Fast Running Blog
April 27, 2024, 08:36:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Race in American Fork  (Read 2560 times)
Steve P
Posting Member

« on: May 27, 2011, 01:58:20 pm »

I was looking for a race this weekend, and surprisingly I found a race in American Fork, UT that is free (if you don't want a t-shirt). They have a mile, 5K, and 10K. It also seems like it might be well-enough organized to make it worth my time, just judging from their web site. Anyway, I wanted to share this with you guys, in case you also live nearby. It's refreshing to see a free race in an age when you have to pay through the nose for most races.

http://www.runthatrace.com/events/2011/runofremembrance
Steve P
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »

Other than being about 0.1 mile short (according to three different people), this race was great. There was police support, volunteers, race numbers, even smoothies at the end. The only things it didn't have are the unnecessary things (IMHO): chip timing, SWAG, prize money, prizes, awards, fanfare. It did start 30 minutes late, but that was because there were tons more people (mostly college students, it seemed) who wanted to run and register at the last minute. I was really impressed and grateful that people would put on a race like this for free.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: