Fast Running Blog
April 27, 2024, 10:54:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bump near heel  (Read 7290 times)
Russ Hall
Lurker

« on: February 28, 2011, 05:05:23 pm »

My left foot has been sore for the past couple months and I'm debating if I should see a podiatrist. I have a bump close to the instep, just in front of the heel. It is sore in the mornings and after sitting for a while but doesn't give me problems during my runs. It doesn't sound like what I've read about plantar fasciitis. I've soaked it in ice water a couple times with no demonstrable effect. I bought new shoes as mine were 400+ miles and again no difference. I'm concerned about long term. Am I causing myself damage even though it is currently only a minor annoyance? Thanks in advance. - Russ
Scott
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:38:14 pm »

How large is the bump area?  What about other shoes that you wear (when you're not running)? 
Russ Hall
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:49:53 pm »

The bump is fairly large. Covers both tips of my forefinger & middle fingers (when together) & sticks out almost as far as my heel. I don't notice that it feels better or worse with any pairs of shoes. I think it started when I kicked something with the bottom of my foot and I didn't know the thing was frozen to the ground. I can't say for certain though. Might have just been a gradual running injury?
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 02:17:33 pm »

I had a similar situation a few years back - It looked as if it might have been a scar tissue to protect an injured heel (bone spur/stress fracture).  But with massaging and some time it went away.  I actually think it had to do with some major plantars I had around the same time period.  I was pretty painful and annoying, but like I said it went away and I am no worse for the wear now; so hopefully you can have the same results.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: