Fast Running Blog
April 23, 2024, 04:29:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Utah runners--shoe store question  (Read 4162 times)
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« on: September 21, 2007, 01:40:48 pm »

Does anyone know where I can buy two different sized shoes?  If I buy shoes to fit my right foot, I lose the toenails on my left foot.  If I buy shoes to fit my left foot, the arches and ankle on my right foot hurt.  I wish I were rich and could just buy 2 pairs, but, alas, I am married to a highway patrolman and am, therefore, anything but RICH!!  My ideal would be to find a store that will sell me two different sizes, but i will take any other suggestions you have!!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 03:11:13 pm »

I think selling a pair of different sized shoes would be a bad deal for the store owner. What would he do with the remaining pair? However, it would not hurt to call the stores and see if by any chance they happen to have a solution for this. Maybe somehow by accident somebody lost a shoe of one size and of the other, and they do not know what to do with what they have left. Try Wasatch Running, Salt Lake Running Company, and Runner's Advantage. If you do not mind driving to Orem, you can also try Runner's Corner. There is also one in American Fork - 26.2 Running Company.
stevehooper
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 03:43:08 pm »

Kelli, If you buy any pair of Brooks you can pay an extra $20 and receive a mismatched size.  Most running stores will probably not have a problem with doing this for you because they just send back the mismatched pair. 
Sasha - Thank for the plug for the St. George Running Center.
Steve Hooper
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 05:54:38 pm »

OKay, so Brooks has a program where they will sell you two different sizes (I e-mailed them) but they have to be a full size, and I only need a half.  I have been told that Runners Corner will also do it.  I am going to give them a call before I drive there, don't want to waste my precious gas.

It does seem like a bad deal for the stores for sure, I have just heard that people have found places that do it (outside of Utah, of course).  Maybe i will have to travel...

Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:06 am »

What about buying the larger size and wearing a thicker sock on one foot?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: