Fast Running Blog
April 28, 2024, 05:33:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question  (Read 2770 times)
TODD KELLY
Lurker

« on: September 18, 2009, 08:35:22 am »

ok this week i was starting to taper and after Monday's run i came down with a bad sinus infection, ear infection, cough, and I have not been able to run for three days.  Will I be ok since I think that most important would be to get feeling better.  should I just continue my taper where I left off.  I was glad to get all the long runs in before this happened.  Today I am going to try and get out on the bike so i can continue with some cardio stuff.  Thanks Todd
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:55:05 pm »

Todd- sorry I didn't see the question on your blog.

First, get well.  If it means an extra day or two off, that is fine.  Since you are still 2 weeks away from the marathon, you could either continue with your taper or actually ramp up a bit next week.  I have gotten sick/injured a number of times 2-3 weeks before a marathon, and have had the most success when I take a few days off, then run a bit more than planned for the next week, then do the normal taper the last week.  I view the sick/injury time as a good pre-taper taper, so then I don't taper as much.  That is my view. 

Example- if your taper was going to be 50-35-20, maybe you end up with 25-45-20 instead.
TODD KELLY
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:12:09 pm »

thanks Jon, this week I will be putting in some miles I feel alot better now.  Great job by the way on the TOU. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: