Fast Running Blog
April 25, 2024, 10:15:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't post on blog  (Read 11540 times)
April
Lurker

« on: June 02, 2009, 07:38:33 pm »

Instead of just being able to put in my user name before typing up my comment on a blog I am being asked for user name and password but am still not able to post. Sad
JD
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:43:32 pm »

Nor can I. I logged in, but when I click on "post comment" nothing happens. Embarrassed
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 08:49:49 pm »

Yes, it looks like the whole "login before posting" only works halfway.  You can login, but then can't post comments on blogs.  Nothing happens when we click "Post Comment".

Personally, I like it when everyone can comment, not just FRB-ers.  True, there have been 1 or 2 rude anonymous posts.  But it's always fun to see someone's mom congratulate their kid on a race report...
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:49:09 pm »

Works for me. Works for others as well, I see people posting comments. Describe exactly what you are doing when it does not work. Also mention which browser you are using.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 07:39:13 am »

Internet explorer (the only browser I can use at work). 

When I go to leave a comment, it says at the top "You are logged in as Jon.  If that is not you, login below."  I write my comment and hit the "Post Comment" button but nothing happens.  It never tries to submit or reload the page.  It's almost like the Post Comment button is broken/turned off.  I can click it hundreds of times and nothing ever happens.  If I try logging in again on that comment page, I get the same result- I can login, but then still can't submit comments.
Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:16:21 am »

I'm having the exact same experience as Jon. I'm logged in, but nothing happens when I hit the Post button. I'm also using Internet Explorer. I'll try it with Firefox.
Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 08:18:49 am »

Yep, it works if I use Firefox. I can use Firefox at home, but not at work. It's IE only at work.
Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 08:21:31 am »

Another thing I noticed after I posted a comment using Firefox: The post is listed with my real full name, not my blog name. This is not a big deal to me, but I know there are some on the blog who prefer not to use their real name and would rather have their blog name show up. Can you still require the login but have the value from the Blog Nickname field in the blog options show up instead of the value from the Name field in the User Options in order to give people the option of preserving their privacy?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:28:22 am by Carolyn Herlin » Logged
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 08:56:30 am »

I'll definitely spend a lot less time on the blog if I can't post comments...  A lot less.
Cal Stauffer
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 09:09:09 am »

I had the same problem with IE.  But it worked when i switched to FireFox.
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 09:24:25 am »

I too cannot post comments using IE (my only real browser option) and have the same exact situation that Jon described. 
April
Lurker

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 11:56:30 am »

Well this is weird. The other day everything worked find. I wonder why the switch? I am using internet explorer and will try firefox to see if that works.
April
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 12:14:26 pm »

I can post with Firefox...but most users first and last names are now showing....
JD
Lurker

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 12:41:57 pm »

Hey, I like this Firefox thing...change is good.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 01:38:40 pm »

I like Firefox, too, though I've never bothered installing it on my home computer and cannot install it on my work computer.  So since Internet Explorer users can't post comments right now, that means that 2/3 of users are shut out.  Today may be the quietest comment day on the FRB in a long time.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: