Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 03:41:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast Running Blog Racing Team  (Read 54448 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: November 16, 2007, 03:14:51 pm »

Fast Running Blog in partnership with the St. George Running Center is proud to announce the creation of the Fast Running Blog Racing Team. We are currently in the process of printing the shirts and hope to have them ready by Thanksgiving. The racing team uniform is provided free of charge to the racing team members, but will also be available for sale at St. George Running Center (1091 N. Bluff St. #1503 St. George Utah), can be ordered by phone (435-628-7766), or by contacting Steve Hooper via Private Message on his blog (http://steve.fastrunningblog.com/). Other running merchandise can be ordered the same way as well.

We do not have a picture of the uniform yet, but the design is essentially what we had on the Fast Running Blog shirts that Chad and Paul prepared earlier, with one important difference. The women's shirts say "Don't Get Chicked!" on the back instead of "Run. Blog. Improve. Repeat."

St. George Running Center has provided a very generous sponsorship plan which allowed us to build a very strong team. We currently have the following members:

Men 

Paul Petersen
Logan Fielding
Sasha Pachev (me)
Steve Ashbaker
Clyde Behunin
Dave Holt
Jeff Shadley
Ted Leblow
Chad Derum
James Barnes
Jon Allen
Adam Wende
Cody Draper
Kory Wheatley
Steve Olsen
Dustin Ence
Dan Schultz
Andy Browning

Women:

Michelle Lowry
Marcie Jacobsen
Josse Tobiasson

To summarize - the team includes 2 OT qualifiers, and 7 sub-2:30 marathoners. Not bad for a local deal mostly funded by a small running store in St. George.

We are looking forward to seeing the success of the team. We hope to be able to expand the size of the team and the level of sponsorship as both Fast Running Blog and St. Running Center continue to grow.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 06:37:40 pm »

Would Steve be the appropriate contact for a thank you letter?  I am so touched and grateful to have this opportunity!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 11:23:44 am »

Yes, if you feel inclined, go to his blog and send him a private message.
James Winzenz

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 10:07:27 am »

After having just been in Raleigh for Thanksgiving and talking with a couple of the high-placing runners in the turkey trot there, to find out that there are tons of running clubs in Raleigh that provide this exact sort of opportunity, I think this is a wonderful idea.  Although I don't live in Utah, and my times wouldn't warrant a sponsorship like this, it is something I am striving for and provides motivation for me to continue to work harder.  Congrats to everyone who will be a part of the FRB racing team.
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 07:47:33 am »

I would love to be part of the women's racing team.  But not sure if I'm fast enough to qualify... What are the qualifications?
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 07:53:22 am »

Maybe I can just buy a shirt from Steve? Just wondering how it works...
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 09:05:14 am »

Christi, As I understand it anyone that is on the FRB can be part of the team and is encouraged to be on the team. The only difference is that some members (those that Sasha determines meet certain running performances) recieve some additional benefits. I think everyone is welcomed and encouraged to buy a racing singlet, shirt and or jacket from Steve through the St. George Running Center. If you live in the St. George area you can probably buy one from him at the store. Otherwise I think if you email Steve with your request/order I think he will be able to accomadate this way as well. I guess what Sasha needs to do is post some pictures of what is available for order and the associated prices and order instructions. I will talk to him about doing this soon.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 01:06:39 pm »

Yes, Christi - anybody is welcome to buy and  wear the racing team uniform. Those are going to be available at the St. George Running Center. I checked with Steve just now - the print shop has the men's ready, the women's should be ready tomorrow.

The difference between an official racing team member and a regular supporter is not in the uniform, but in the compensation package. When we have a spot on the team and see that a certain runner is meeting the team requirements, we invite him/her personally to join. We were fortunate to sponsor runners in some degree this year so far starting from 2:53 marathon for men, and 3:11 marathon for women. This was a lot more than I expected the first year thanks to Steve stepping forward.
James Winzenz

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 01:09:36 pm »

Yes!  That would be awesome!  Even if I don't get additional benefits, I would love to wear a FRB uniform to promote the FRB out here in Arizona.  The only disadvantage is that I can't try it on . . . I will be anxiously awaiting pictures and prices.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 01:30:08 pm »

We will in the near future have a nice page with all the Racing Team Members similar to what the Hanson project has. As a general direction, I want to see Fast Running Blog  surpass the Hanson-Brooks project in every respect. I want to do my part in creating an environment where competitive distance running gets the respect it deserves, where we consider this a legitimate pursuit rather than a just college past-time or something to do for fun an before or after your "real" job. I think our country would be so much better off if we had one full-time professional runner for every full-time professional football player. This would require a completely different mindset in the culture, and different in a good way. The one that very deep down at the core values hard work, discipline, faith, patience, and persistence on the spiritual side, and  fitness and healthy lifestyle on the physical side. Changing that mindset is an uphill battle, but if everybody does his share, it will work. We will start small, and then one step at a time we will see a gradual change.
Josse

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 03:10:25 pm »

This all sound so exciting!  I looked at the Honson-Brooks website and think this is just what we need in this valley.  I have allways wanted to be a part of something like this.  Thanks and I would love to contribute my experterise (Injury massage, deep tissue, myofacial release, and scrapping) when it is needed and when I can, just let me know how I can help.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 03:52:36 pm »

This all sound so exciting!  I looked at the Honson-Brooks website and think this is just what we need in this valley.  I have allways wanted to be a part of something like this.  Thanks and I would love to contribute my experterise (Injury massage, deep tissue, myofacial release, and scrapping) when it is needed and when I can, just let me know how I can help.

Ah ha! I think we just found our "Clint Verran"!
James Barnes
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 05:34:36 pm »

I would love to partake of Josse's experterise, anytime!
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 06:56:48 pm »

I like this discussion and the vision for the team.  We already have many talented and hard-working runners on the blog and I believe we have many more that have not even come close to reaching their full potential yet.  I look forward to wearing the gear and helping fellow bloggers and teammates continue to improve.
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 10:15:17 pm »

Hey Guys- I'm always a little slow to check this discussion forum when I check the blog- so sorry for the delayed response.  I too am anxiously awaiting photos of the shirts so I can run to St. George Running Center and buy one! Thanks for the info.  I know that just wearing one will put a spring in my step and make me run faster!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: