Fast Running Blog
April 23, 2024, 06:15:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MY FIRST FULL CENTURY RIDE (100.5 MILES!)  (Read 11485 times)
Benn Griffin
Lurker

« on: May 05, 2009, 12:07:28 pm »

As many of the regulars know I have become Brent's training prodigy as part of the Howling Commandos. We slice, dice, hoot and howl. And we take no prisoners. I've been logging miles consistently this year (arguably for the first time EVER haha) and I have finally accomplished what I failed to do last year. Last year I only completed a metric century (62 miles), but this past Saturday I rode 100.5 MILES from my house in Galway, NY to Emma's in Pittsfield, MA. It was an amazing experience and I am hooked on the long distance cycling thing. Now I need my next goal! The total riding time was 6:31:00.
Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 01:40:35 pm »

Congratulations on completing a Century! That is a lot of riding.  How does the derriere feel?
Bonnie
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 03:36:37 pm »

Great job Benn!  Wow.  That is absolutely amazing.
Fredrick Teichert
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 10:52:26 pm »

I think riding a hundred miles is like... well, running a hundred miles, only different parts of your body get sore. Has circulation returned to those other parts? And can you touch your chest with your chin yet? Nice job on the ride. You probably understand better than the rest of us why they say, "Born to run," not "Born to ride."
Bob
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:16:05 pm »

Yeah, can you imagine run/walk that far in the Western States 100?!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: