Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 03:28:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to change mileage catagories?  (Read 4267 times)
Susanna Lew
Lurker

« on: January 06, 2009, 02:48:26 pm »

When I registered in Oct. I had my mileage settings at "Slow Miles and Fast Miles."  Now that I'm training for Boston, I'd like to log my mileage in different catagories, such as tempo runs and speed intervals.  I see that there're Lactate Threshold Miles and VO2Max Miles on some blogs. 
I'm IT challenged and can't find where to change my mileage setting.  Is it there and I just can't see it?  Thanks in advance.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 05:28:16 pm »

The template changing functionality still has a few rough edges so I keep it somewhat of a secret to keep the IT challenged users from messing up their data. But maybe it is time to tell the secret. If somebody gets to this forum maybe they are not that challenged.  Actually the problems have come from users that were OK in their IT skills, but just liked to get fancy and exceeded in their imagination the level of testing that I had done to the feature. Maybe too much IT skill, or at least IT imagination.

First a disclaimer - use at your own risk. Do not try to get to fancy, just change the template once. Realize that you cannot go back to a simpler template once you've chosen a more complex one. If something goes really wrong, contact support, do not try to fix it yourself.

Instructions:

* Login to your account
* Go to http://fastrunningblog.com/change_template.php
* Pick the desired template
Susanna Lew
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:20:07 pm »

THANK YOU Sasha for sharing the "secret" with this IT challenged runner!  No worries, I don't know how to do anything fancy.  I don't dare click on anything I'm not sure of.  Roll Eyes

You made it easy for me.  It worked!  Even all previous miles were automatically grouped in the appropriate classifications.  The new template is great.   YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!  I really appreciate all that you do in creating this wonderful blog for us.  THANKS for sharing your time, talent and kindness!!!  Smiley
Enoch Davies
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 10:06:38 am »

Is there a chance if I really want to change the categories. I currently have this crazy detailed setting with VOmax and junk. I don't even know what that is. HA HA

I have logged all my miles as easy miles essentially. Is there a chance of me changing to the Triathlon log? If I loose some data I really would not be heart broken. If it isn't possible that is fine too, just thought I would check.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 01:21:53 pm »

Easiest solution is to start another blog. If you want to keep your blog name, rename the old blog to something else first.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: