Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 04:08:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visual Changes  (Read 15405 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: May 01, 2009, 12:03:35 pm »

I've messed around with some cosmetic aspects of the blog. Not sure if it made it better or worse. Feedback is welcome.

The most welcome form of feedback is if you save the HTML source, fix up the look hand-editing the HTML, and then post your version. The second most welcome is "Section so and so should have color #xxyyzz" or "table/div so and so should have this width and this height", or "element so and so would look a whole lot better with this attribute" .  Other forms of feedback are also welcome, but my ability to respond to it is limited at this point.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:11:04 pm »

The most welcome form of feedback is if you save the HTML source, fix up the look hand-editing the HTML, and then post your version

Huh Huh Huh
No need to respond, Sasha.  I just think that very few of us know what this means, much less how to do it.  Wink

For the record, I like the blue/brown better than the old pink.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:09:24 pm »

I like the new visual changes as well.  Looks much more modern . . . I also noticed that with the old visual style, each of the links were underlined, but moving the mouse pointer to them did not change the pointer to a little hand icon - it does now.  This may be an Internet Explorer-related thing, but in any case, I like it better.
Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 07:10:35 pm »

So far I've been very impressed with the visual changes.  I don't know if it was a section available before - but seeing a list of the user's races popped out at me today and I had never noticed that before.
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 09:33:36 pm »

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?!?! My blog looks ugly and girly as heck now. I went to log in and somehow the display font is some girly font instead of Times New Roman. How do you change it back?! (This is in Internet Explorer fyi)
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 10:55:06 pm »

At first I was like what just happen with my font, but I think I can get used to it. In fact I agree it looks more modern. I've always struggled with the first page or the home page, it has never seemed very inviting to me, one picture from a race almost two years ago? I'm sure there is probably some feature out there where you could have a slideshow or at least some different pictures come up each time you log in.  I realize stuff like that takes time to do and maintain, but I think it might give people a better idea of what races and events bloggers are participating in.  I guess while I'm talking about the home page to me it has always seemed like there is way too much text and information for a home page.  I guess you could argue it is nice to have everything on one page, but by the time you add in all the sidebars, it seems like you have a page with a bunch of directions and one picture.  I'm no web designer, but I think less text and more graphics would make the home page look better.  I think the information is important and people really interested in joining the blog would go ahead and look up links to planned features, training log history and some of those other things discussed on the home page.
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:28:13 am »

Well I'm just a little unnerved because I religiously choose Times New Roman font because I think it looks most professional and eye appealing for my blog. Shouldn't there be an option to switch your entries back to whatever font you want? Even the entries where I choose the Times New Roman font come out looking girly.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 03:56:33 pm »

I like the new Arial-style font and the new colors.  While some folks think the Romanesque fonts look more professional, I recall actually getting taught long ago to use Arial.  It's easier on the eyes especially when the size gets smaller, a fact I'm sadly starting to appreciate. 

Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 09:06:21 pm »

Real men use Helectiva
Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 01:20:42 am »

The site is looking good. Thanks for putting so much time and effort into FRB Sasha! Money could not buy a better place to track our training and connect with other runners.

-Mike

Running without hills is like motorcycling without corners.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 09:09:59 am »

Real women use Gigi.
Jeffrey McClellan
Lurker

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 05:00:50 pm »

As far as the font goes, Sasha and I were just trying to make the blog a little easier to read, and due to lower screen resolution in comparison to the equivalent resolution of print on paper, sans-serif fonts are said to be easier to read than serif fonts like Times New Roman, so we changed it.  Maybe Sasha knows a way to fix it so that people can customize the font on their personal blog, but I don't know.

Also, I agree that the home page has way too much info on it.  I don't think that most people even read it, but Sasha wanted to keep things more or less the same for the present because it would be too much work to make a major overhaul of the home page.
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 10:09:43 pm »

My new favorite font is Garamond. That should be an option Cheesy. Way cool!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: