Fast Running Blog
June 03, 2024, 04:14:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fat Gene Study  (Read 3443 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: September 08, 2008, 03:34:42 pm »

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5io-cvHgJRynDwXhlshyQx5P9NfBAD932OAMG1

Gives some support to something I've suspected for a long time. We fuss too much about genetics to explain our sub-par performances and excuse inaction. I suspect that just like in that study, if we were to dig deep we would discover simple natural ways to perform feats that appear impossible without genetic engineering.
Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:21:54 pm »

Thanks for the link.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:09:14 pm »

Good article and I do agree with you Sasha.  We have to find ways to stay active and make it apart of our life.  Example I have an Xbox and I haven't played it for 6 months.  Every time I think about playing it I feel guilty and think I could be doing something active and I never end up playing it.  It's been sitting there collecting dust.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 04:31:20 pm »

That's why Wii is better. I get a workout, mostly from yelling out my internet Mario Kart opponents. Boxing is very good too. Every time I play it, I wish I had time to play it more. I feel like I'm neglecting it sometimes.
Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:32:27 pm »

I like Wii Fit. But my kids don't play it anymore. They can't beat any of my high scores. Wink
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 08:43:41 pm »

Out of my seven siblings and my parents, I am the only one who is not obese.  I think I have the gene - but I am fighting it !
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:19:03 pm »

That's why Wii is better. I get a workout, mostly from yelling out my internet Mario Kart opponents. Boxing is very good too. Every time I play it, I wish I had time to play it more. I feel like I'm neglecting it sometimes.

I've played the Boxing and Tennis and Basseball.  I would love to get the Wii my kids keep putting hints in to get one and I should.  The Wii fit is pretty cool how it makes kids get off their tush and do something. 

Paul I bet you also yell at the Packers a lot like I do the Cowboys.  I think it's funny how we yell at a electronic device that can't yell back.  That way we always win the argument.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: