Fast Running Blog
July 04, 2024, 03:48:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: energy bars  (Read 2478 times)
dave rockness
Posting Member

« on: July 16, 2008, 04:25:53 pm »

Any thoughts on energy bars?  How good are they in supplementing one's diet?  Are there certain brands that fit best within a marathon runner's training plan?  If so, which brands?  If so, when is the best time to eat them? 

For those who discourage energy bars, what "snacks/energy boosts" do you use to serve the same purpose?  I am becoming more serious towards my training diet and appreciate any insightful input.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:01:35 pm »

All they ever gave me was a root canal job. I have not had any tooth problems since I stopped eating them. Supposing that I could figure out a solution for the teeth, the cost is crazy. Barely enough for one bite is a couple of bucks!

I just eat honey/peanut butter sandwiches and bananas when I am hungry. Powerade when I feel a serious blood sugar drop.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:39:25 am »

I used to be a big fan of the Clif bars, but have recently found something even better:  Odwalla bars!  Not only do they taste fantastic (try the berries gomega one), but they are soft, easy to eat and go down well.  I haven't tried all of them, the only ones I have tried are the strawberry pomegranete and berries gomega.  I have no desire to try any chocolate or other flavors, and my little brother told me that the banana nut bar wasn't very good.  But I have found something I really like and it works well for me.  I typically eat an odwalla bar between 1-2 hours before a race, depending on how long the race is.
adam
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:09:54 am »

I like the powerbar harvest bars. If you can get past the usual powerbar taste they are pretty good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: