Fast Running Blog
June 24, 2024, 05:31:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: St. George Marathon Course Pacing Goals  (Read 3413 times)
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« on: May 10, 2008, 05:25:36 pm »

OK, I know lots of people are currently looking to Ogden, but now that I am all ramped up for St. George (already), I thought I would throw some pacing goals out there to see if we can get some groups of people to run together who have similar time goals for St. George.  I am really looking to finally break 3:00 this year.  With my time last year, I technically have a BQ for the 35-39 age division, so I really want to set a lofty goal for myself.  I believe that I am very much capable of this, and will have several months of 50+ mpw prior to St. George this year.  Anyone else want to throw out their time goals for SGM?  If we have another pre-race FRB pasta party, we can get together to decide where we will meet and "strategerize".  Fire away, everyone!
Josse

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 06:10:39 pm »

You  are funny, I think it is a little to early to say for sure but I am defiantly with you on the under 3 hours.  We will see how far with my summer of  training my guts out.  To be continued........
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 07:28:52 pm »

I'm guessing there will be a large group trying to sneak under 2:30, as well.
James Winzenz

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:45:16 pm »

including yourself?  Wink
Tom
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:20:11 pm »

I'd like to hope sub 2:50 might be in the realm of possibility by then. But definitely sub-3.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:31:01 pm »

Realistic goals can only be set after a couple of half marathon races.  I did tell St. George I am planning on doing a 2:45, though (no pressure!)!  I would love to break 2:47 this year, but the primary goal is sub 3:00, then as far below as my training will support.  I would also like to place.
James Winzenz

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 06:45:10 pm »

Sounds like we already have a good sub-3:00 group here that can help each other out - at least for a while Smiley.  I am not sure how much under 3:00 I will be capable of this year - I will have to see how my training goes.  I guess I am kind of in the same boat as the others here in terms of needing to re-define my goal after some races this summer.  Hopefully I can find some good 1/2 marathons or at least 10K's that will give me a better indication of how things are going. Sometimes I am so jealous of you Utah folks for having all those good races over the summer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: