Fast Running Blog
July 06, 2024, 08:09:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hanson's diet  (Read 4222 times)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« on: April 15, 2008, 07:41:19 am »

http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/microsite/video/0,8034,s6-239-419-17,00.html?bcpid=1460849541&bclid=1463262292&bctid=1497932107

I thought it was funny.  Pizza + Cake + Red Bull = fast running!
Logan Fielding
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 08:01:51 am »

It seems like many of us eat like the Hansons.  All right!  We are doing okay.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:11:33 am »

Almost as entertaining as the Hansons blog post about the cheeseburger-eating contest.
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:04:20 am »

Ok so I don't agree with that type of eating but what ever work for them.  But I keep watching the other clips and it came to Deena's training and she said when we train like this our #1 proitity is taking care of our bodies.  This includes proper diet.  Which pizza isn't always bad if made correctly
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 06:19:24 pm by Josse » Logged
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:23:34 am »

I like the importance of getting your Omega 3 fat from the [swedish] fish...
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 01:11:57 pm »

Runners that eat like that will be a big deal until others with the same level of Quality X that eat better and match them in training  start racing them. Back in the 50s a smoker could win Boston because nearly everybody smoked. Now it is impossible because a smoker now has to race non-smokers, and there are enough of them that some will match him on  Quality X, and now it becomes a race of lungs with no neurological or biomechanical advantage the smoker could use before to make up for his poor lung condition.

I've read Hanson's training logs on Athleticore and I was not impressed. Just about every other run they say they feel terrible. And they really do not train that hard. If we can raise a population of runners that eats healthy, gets good sleep, and puts in the miles, you will not see anybody eating the Hanson's diet on the podium. The best of them will still occasionally run 2:10, but now they would be racing a herd of guys in the 2:05 range.
adam

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 05:50:29 pm »

I think it explains a little why the Hanson's Women's program is not on an equal level with the Men's program. I think the men eat a little like this as well, but they have more people that can get weeded out, and there top guys still perform. With such a small women's program, this kind of thing is more likely to hurt their overall performance as a group.

It think it will be very unlikely to see any of the Hanson's women in contention for top 3 or even top 10 finishes. The attitude between them and Deena in the videos was also very interesting.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »

I've also almost completely cut meat out of my diet.  I used to love meat, but I don't crave it as much anymore.  But I still like to eat something bad after a marathon, it just sounds good after being strict on your diet for prior weeks leading up to a marathon.  But I think a healthy diet does give you a chance for your best performance, and a better fitness for life in general.
jtshad

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 03:20:24 pm »

I was on business travel last week and the guys I was traveling with all wanted to go to a steakhouse, so I went along. Man, the 8 oz sirloin that I had did not agree with me the next day!  I still have some red meat occassionally (mostly hamburger and the like) but now mostly eat chicken and fish and some pork a couple of times a week and I feel much better for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: