Fast Running Blog
July 02, 2024, 01:07:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Striders Winter Racing circuit  (Read 3032 times)
Matthew Rowley
Vocal Lurker

« on: October 13, 2010, 12:59:03 pm »

I ran the winter racing circuit last year and have mixed feeling about doing it again.  I am registered for the Ogden and Utah Valley marathon. 
What races seem to work well to prepare for Ogden other then Striders.  Or is the Curcuit the best way to get ready for the marathon spring season.  Last year the circuit seemed to get in the way of the long runs.  If you do the circuit how do you work your training around the 5 races.

What early races do you use to prepare you for a May marathon?
TODD KELLY
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:33:13 pm »

Matt I agree it did mess with the schedule.  I am also signed up for Ogden so here we go again.  How you feeling anyways?  Are you better or your calves feeling better?  We should hook up and do some long runs together.  I am trying to get back at it after a long road to recovery. I ended up with a Interarticular Impingment in hip and man it hurt, but after a shot I feel much better.  having a lower back issue.  Anyone have some good advise for lower back spine problems, or even some good stretches?
Matthew Rowley
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 03:13:04 pm »

I would be interested in hooking up for some of the long runs.  Your Injury sounds bad, I hope it gets better.  My calf is doing fine.  I am running 5 days a week, running about 30 miles a week.  After 3 or 4 days in a row my calf is sore, but no pain.  After a days rest it does much better.

I was wondering if I was the only one that felt the Curcuit didn't help you get ready for Ogden, at least as much as advertised.  Plus the weather for alot of the races suck.
What do you thing is the Ideal number tune up races for a marathon.  I do thing races some helps get you ready for the Marathon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: