Fast Running Blog
July 06, 2024, 12:36:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running everyday question  (Read 2901 times)
Eric Day
Posting Member

« on: September 10, 2010, 11:23:32 am »

Hi all !

My medical condition limits my amount of running & effort during the run. My daily runs are now only 5 o 6k at a nice easy pace, no hard effort.
My question is, can I run everyday (7 days a week)? Would it be bad for my running? (Don't worry about my medical condition). I used to run 6 days a week and rest one day, and felt better with fresher legs after rest day. Now, I don't really feel tired after my runs, many times I want to run more.
Would my aerobic capacity benefit from running everyday?
Any ideas?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 05:35:17 pm »

Good question, Eric.  There is a wide range of opinions regarding 6 vs 7 days on the blog (some running related, some not).  It really comes down to you and what you want and can handle.  Some rest is definitely good, but it can consist of easier runs or days off.  I don't run one day a week.  Many elite runners run 7 days a week, but some also run only 6.  I know Paul Petersen sometimes takes of one day every 3 weeks at his peak mileage.  So bottom line... I guess there isn't a clear cut answer.  Sorry.  Do what seems best for you, but know that both have upsides.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:02:36 am »

Thanks for the reply Jon.

The things is that ALL of my runs are easy now. So, no effort, and no tiredness.
Just wondering if I should complement this with everyday runs, 5-6k @ very easy pace.
What are pro's and con's of this?
April G
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:40:52 am »

Well, if you feel good and nothing hurts and it's always an easy run, I don't see any cons to running every day.  I say try it out!
Jennifer Schmidt
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 03:45:44 pm »

It sounds as though you should just listen to your body.  If your legs, feel good, go for it.  When they feel tired, take a day off.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: