Fast Running Blog
July 07, 2024, 12:47:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super light weight runner  (Read 3599 times)
Chad Robinson
Lurker

« on: August 22, 2010, 07:30:58 pm »

I land on the bottom end of the weight spectrum.  I am currently 6'-1" and 120 lbs (male) (I have been very thin my entire life).  Whether I run or not I stay about the same weight.  I have never had real success trying to gain weight (protein shakes, ect), the most I have ever weighed is 130 and that was after months in the MTC (missionary traing center).  On the plus side I rarely get injured or sick so I have never been overly concerned.  Should I be?  Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
Joe Furse
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:51:27 am »

Holy cow, someone smaller than me?!  I guess there are probably a few.  If it was me I wouldn't worry too much if you feel like you are in good health and stuff.  In my opinion, how you feel (i.e. your physical, mental, and emotional abilities) is much more important than what you weigh--on either end of the spectrum.
Chris M
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 12:20:39 pm »

I am 6'2'' and 165 lbs which I think is reasonably light but 130lbs is LIGHT!

I think provided you eat well and healthily and don't have a history of injuries you should just carry on.

You have the ideal body type for marathon running!
baldnspicy
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:58 pm »

I am 6' 0" and until I was 30 I weighed about 130-135 and could wear the same clothes I wore in high school, eating whatever I wanted.  When I hit 30 until now, I've gotten up to 190 but I've been sitting pretty stable at 165 or so now.  I don't consider myself heavy, but I'd like to be about 150.  I'd also like to have rock hard abs, killer legs, a sub-8% body fat, look like a model, and run a sub 2:30 marathon.  I'll never look like a model, but the others are potentials.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I did try to gain weight at one point, eating protein drinks, etc. because my wife said I was too skinny.  It didn't work.  Just tell everyone to wait until you're 30 (unless you are).  :-)
Chad Robinson
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:22:09 pm »

There is no hope for me to gain weight.  I am currently 35 and still haven't shown any sign of a slowing metabolism.  Being super skinny certainly wasn't fun as an adolescent, but I denfinately don't mind it as an adult (except for trying to find 30x34 pants).  Thanks for all your comments, they essentially reassured what I already thought.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 10:07:46 am »

Fred Meyer carries 30x34 jeans but usually only 1 pair at a time.  But how in the world can I fit in the same jean size when we're the same height and I've got 40+ pounds on you?
You might want to get your thyroid checked just for giggles.  I know slight imbalances in hormone production regulated by the thyroid can do strange things. 
Chad Robinson
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 10:15:46 am »

Belts come in handy Grin (28x34 is impossible to find / anorexic and tall store are not very popular in america).  I have thought about having my thyroid checked but I have never had a time in my life when I wasn't super thin, leaving me to believe that it is the thyroid I was born with.  I'm certain the numbers would be interesting.  According to the Wii my BMI is in the 14's. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: