Fast Running Blog
September 30, 2024, 07:19:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nagging Tibia Injury  (Read 2694 times)
runtough
Lurker

« on: October 21, 2009, 06:09:24 am »

I'm searching for expert information or option, in regards to a tibia injury (shin splints).  I've been battling this since late April but it still will not go away.  I've seen injury rehab for a couple of months but the pain would always come back.  I then went to my personal doctor for a second opinion and was told to stop running and rest the leg immediately.  After a month of rest, my leg felt great.  I did the Chicago marathon earlier this month and was feeling fine util mile 24.  Although the leg pain was minor, I still felt it; indicating that the injury had no healed completely.  I haven't run since, which has been 10 days, and the goal is to rest 6 weeks with no running in hopes that I will get back to 100%. 

I just wanted to know if anyone in the Fast Running community has additional or better information that would help this process.
Dallen
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 05:52:28 pm »

You haven't posted your workouts on the blog for a long time, but I suspect that you got this from bumping your mileage too quickly. If so, build up more gradually. There is no other magic trick for this.
Chris M
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 11:38:55 am »

THis thread may be of interest: http://fastrunningblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,870.0.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: