Fast Running Blog
June 03, 2024, 06:40:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grid Tangent 3 vs. Grid Fastwitch 3  (Read 3512 times)
dave rockness
Posting Member

« on: August 18, 2009, 03:26:27 pm »

I about to order a new pair of saucony's for Fall racing.  I love my Grid Tangent 3's and they have held up well for both 1/2 and full marathons.  Has anyone tried both the Tangents and the Grid Fastwitch 3's?  Do they have a similiar fit or does one run smaller?  Do the lighter ones (Fastwitch 3's) seem to hold up as well for distance?  If anyone's had experience with both pairs, I'd love to hear your input. 
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:48:52 pm »

The Fastwitch is really a racing flat, as opposed to the Grid Tangent 3, which is a lightweight trainer.  I have both of them.  I would probably run in the Fastwitch in races up to 1/2 marathon, and also for intervals in preparing for races, but wouldn't do much else in them.  They are extremely lightweight for a reason - very little cushioning and stability.  And the outsole wears extremely fast.  I would consider myself lucky to get around 200 miles out of a pair of Fastwitch's.  On the other hand, I have gotten over 500 miles out of a pair of Grid Tangent 3's with no adverse effects.  Sorry for the late reply.  I ran SGM last year in the Grid Tangent 3's.  Other than having an issue with one of the insoles bunching up in the rain and having to stop and pull it out of the shoe, I really enjoyed running in them for the marathon distance.  I think if I had been wearing the Fastwitch's, I would have ended up bruising my feet from all the pounding.
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 05:36:22 pm »

James, thank you...this was just what I needed to hear.  I love the grid tangent 3's, but was curious about a shoe just a bit lighter.  Interesting about the rain...I've had the same issue with insert bunching up- never a big issue, but definitely does that with me as well. 
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:41:00 pm »

I love my fastwitch, but got injured running a 1/2 in them.  I will not wear them for longer than a 10K now.  I have since got me a pair of Grid Sinister (more of a light weight trainer) and I will run TOU half and full in them.  I love them.  More support for only 2 oz more weight.  I have no experience with the Tangents, but I might check them out.  I would highly recommend you check out the sinister.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:44:37 pm »

No experience with the Fastwitch, but I have Tangents 2 and 3.  Good shoes- I've worn them up to and including marathon distance, with no problems.  I don't have any lighter shoes right now- it's not worth it to me to spend money on a pair of racing flats to wear once or twice a year (which is about how often I race 10k or shorter).
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 07:03:26 am »

I too love the Tangents (I have a pair of 1 and 3's) and have run marathons in them with no problem.  Great shoes, lightweight and good support.  Saucony is marketing the Fastwitch a lot more but I believe the Tangents are still available.
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 08:14:43 am »

thanks for insight...btw- just ordered a new pair of tangent 3's online for 68.97 (+ $5 shipping)...order @ www.kellysrunningwarehouse.com.    Pretty good price!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: