Fast Running Blog
June 20, 2024, 11:56:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ogden Marathon Chip Timing  (Read 3328 times)
Jose Jimenez
Vocal Lurker

« on: May 04, 2009, 10:40:51 am »

I am looking at the results for last year's Ogden Marathon and it seems like the official time posted for all runners is not Chip time but rather gun time.  I am seeing that everybody received the same assigned start time.  Does Ogden not post net times?  This is kind of important for us runners at the back of the pack.  I can always trust my Garmin but I like to refer to the official results on the web sites.  I would also imagine this would be critically important for people trying to qualify for Boston where a few seconds can make the difference.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:00:08 pm »

Ogden does not have a whole lot of people that qualify for Boston, not enough to cause crowd control problems. If you think you can, just move up front at the start.
Jose Jimenez
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:14:05 pm »

Definitely not trying to qualify for Boston right now.  I do know people that are though.  TOU probably doesn't qualify that many people either but they use net times (St. George has them also).  I will pass the message to move to the front!  It just seems wierd that a relatively large and expensive race (for Utah anyway), which is supposed to be one of the best in the state, doesn't have a system that gives you net times. 
Matthew Rowley
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:17:42 am »

Last year they did use chip times through

www.milliseconds.com

I don't know what they will be planning this year.  But when you get your packet if they give us a chip we will know at that point.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:26:40 am »

They've had chip timing forever, they've just never had the front mat properly set up.
Jose Jimenez
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:05:04 pm »

Matt, the way I see this is that if the chips don't measure your start time and you are trying to BQ you better be prepared to shatter the qualifying time or make sure you are up front.  Good luck...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: