Fast Running Blog
July 07, 2024, 06:39:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good running music???  (Read 4273 times)
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« on: November 12, 2008, 02:24:54 pm »

Okay, so with all of the hype about get disqualified in St George, I have not run with my iPod since mid September.  I was running with people so it was easy.  I gradually learned to enjoy it, even if I was alone.  However, I ran with it again this morning and I forgot how much I love music!!!  So, I am going to go back to the iPod for a few runs a week, and then NOT use it for others.

WHAT is your favorite music to listen to while you run (I would like to add some music to my iPod)??
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:29:35 pm by Kelli » Logged
Burt McCumber
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 04:42:36 pm »

I like the hard-rockin' 80's.  Mostly because it takes me back to a time when I was fast.
Nate
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:29:26 pm »

Bullet for my Valentine and Green Day are favorites of mine for tempo runs especially.  I don't listen to much Green Day fan unless it is to run with same with Bullet for my Valentine.  Upbeat Freddy Jones Band songs are great if you prefer something lighter than the afore mentioned.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:56:42 am »

Good running music?

Well for me. Its the music that I've always liked, some of it is over 20 years old, but I like it.
So go for anything that moves YOU!

Neil Price
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 09:45:42 am »

If you want music that helps you maintain or pickup the pace then I suggest heavily produced music like The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Outkast, Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas.  It's not my preferred genre when I'm not running but it really helps me to keep my cadence.  My 2 cents.
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 01:07:56 pm »

If you want music that helps you maintain or pickup the pace then I suggest heavily produced music like The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Outkast, Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas.  It's not my preferred genre when I'm not running but it really helps me to keep my cadence.  My 2 cents.

That is pretty much what I listen to, fast beat.  BUT, I like it all of the time. Shocked
Burt McCumber
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 03:28:27 pm »

I've never heard of any of those groups.  Huh  I thought I was cool.  I thought I was jiggy with it.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 09:36:52 am »

Rage Against the Machine is excellent for finding a good rhythm, while still staying aggressive and angry. I also recommend some old Stone Temple Pilots. I could just listen to "Crackerman" and "Sex Type Thing" over and over while running.
Neil Price
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 04:46:51 pm »

Rage Against the Machine is excellent for finding a good rhythm, while still staying aggressive and angry. I also recommend some old Stone Temple Pilots. I could just listen to "Crackerman" and "Sex Type Thing" over and over while running.

I've seen really good results from 'angry running.'  It's kinda like having angry........uh, nevermind. 
Bob
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 08:48:39 am »

I know these are old, but here's some music I have on my ipod:
Classical overtures (i.e. Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg, Rossini's William Tell, Beethoven's Egmont op. 84)
Molly Hatchet (Flirting with Disaster)
80's stuff (Gary Numan "Cars")
AC/DC (i.e. It's a Long Way to the Top)
"Rocky" soundtrack (i.e. Gonna Fly Now)
Deep Purple (i.e. Highway Star, The Mule)
James Gang (i.e. Funk 49)
I also like to listen to more lava lamp stuff that with few lyrics (i.e. Traffic's "Glad", Pink Floyd, ELP's "Welcome to the Show", Yes, etc.)

I listen to a lot of jazz, but I don't like to while running for some reason.  Probably because of the beat.  I also only listen while on the treadmill and not while running outdoors.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: