Fast Running Blog
July 04, 2024, 02:54:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday Boston Qualifier Marathon  (Read 4624 times)
seesuerun
Lurker

« on: September 29, 2008, 08:34:14 pm »

Anyone know of a Saturday marathon that is a Boston qualifier between now and Boston?
Cameron Clarke
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 12:42:56 pm »

Saint George on Saturday Wink

AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 04:21:37 pm »

Check marathonguide.com.  I'm not sure what your criteria are otherwise, I would list them.  The LA marathon just announced that it will be run on President's Day (Monday, Feb 16).
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:32:53 pm »

Susan - how far are you willing to travel?

Andy - LA is starting to sound interesting. I could go there pretty cheap in my CNG van, and I have friends there I could stay with. In fact, we could pull off a blog invasion - my van fits 15 people.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:05:29 pm »

That does sound pretty interesting . . . LA is not too terribly far from here either, and since I am not planning on running Boston until (hopefully) 2010, it would be nice to have a spring marathon for a change.
Matt Konold
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:19:00 am »

Sasha,

Mark me down as officially interested in L.A. as well.  I'm doing Boston next year, but would like to run L.A. too.  Are there enough CNG stops along the way, or would we be pushing the van through Barstow?!!
Superfly

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:01:24 pm »

That does sound kind of fun.
seesuerun
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:21:49 am »

Hey I 'm interested too. That will be a good time for me. Let me know what ya all think.
James Winzenz

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 04:51:25 pm »

Here is the link to the map on marathonguide.com.  The first two miles are apparently uphill, followed by about 6 miles of downhill, and then a few small hills at the end.

http://www.marathonguide.com/coursemaps/marathonmap.cfm?MIDD=9080302

There is also a link on the site to the elevation chart.  Based on last year's results, it appears to be a pretty fast marathon, with the winner running 2:13 and change, but a sub-3:00 would land you in the top 100
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 10:59:17 am »

Memphis in December (Talk to Sasha)
Disney World (January)
Cowtown (Ft. Worth) February
Richmond VA (Mid November)
Yakima Marathon -- this is like three weeks before Boston but my sister used it one year to qualify for Boston and then ran it three weeks later.
James Winzenz

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 11:04:15 am »

I was actually thinking of doing a small local marathon here in the valley on Jan 31 (Desert Classic Marathon), but it turns out it is on the same day as a half marathon which I ran last year which benefits children's cancer charities.  Since I don't want to miss that one, I am probably going to end up doing LA, and hoping that with new management, the race is organized better than what I heard about the past couple of years with Devine.  I did read an article that seemed to indicate the new owners were serious about improving it.  Has anyone else made up their minds regarding LA?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: