Fast Running Blog
July 07, 2024, 08:02:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Riddle  (Read 3171 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: July 07, 2008, 10:44:05 am »

Let's see how long it will take the blog community to get the correct answer. I am predicting under 60 minutes. If the answer has already been posted, post "I knew that one too" anyway - I want to know how many people can get this one right.

In the spring of 2005 I went on a run with two guys in Orem, UT. Both had the same first name - Josh. It was a 15 mile run. With about 3 miles to go I asked them to back off because the pace became faster than 5:40 and I felt it was too much for me. What were their last names?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:05:18 am »

My guess:  McAdams and Rohatinsky.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 11:16:18 am »

Correct. The answer posted in 00:21:13. Funny how people on the blog use just the first letter of the last name for privacy when all you need to do to identify a fast guy is his first name, approximate location, and the workout he did.
Steve Morrin
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 11:19:44 am »

I just saw this topic, but I guessed that right away. It's probably because I've been watching the Olympic trials. :-)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:36:36 am »

Is McAdams the steeplechase guy?  I didn't make the connection while watching the Trials.

For my answer, I just looked up BYU's roster in '05.  Though I knew before that Rohatinsky was one, I just didn't know the other.
adam
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 02:22:40 pm »

I knew that one.

You run in this area long enough and you are bound to see them (and others from BYU) out here on a regular basis. Especially on the rivertrail. There are just not that many traffic-free places to run out here in BYULand. I once even caught McAdams running along the trail in his USA jersey. I've seen him training, Ian Hunter, Rohatinsky, and random combinations of the BYU men's and women's teams.

Both were even in my church ward (though McAdams moved shortly before I moved in). Josh, his wife, my wife, and I were all ward missionaries together. That's Provo for you. Very normal and good people.

Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 03:06:20 pm »

I guessed it.  Two fastest Josh's I know of.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: