Fast Running Blog
May 23, 2024, 04:02:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heart of Holladay 5 K  (Read 13032 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: April 29, 2008, 02:54:46 pm »

Official race details:

20th Annual Heart of Holladay 5K Classic
Saturday, June 14, 2008

7:00 am Day of Race Registration
8:00 am 5K Race & Fitness Walk (3.1 Miles)
9:00 am Kids Fun Run – ¼ Mile
9:15 am Awards

Holladay City Hall – 4580 South Holladay Blvd. (2300 East)

Registration Fee Includes: Event participation, Performance Shirts by NordicTrack, goodie bag for pre-registered runners, Post-race refreshments, Prize Drawings, Ribbons for all Kids Race participants. Pre-register early to guarantee shirt on day of event. Enter to win a guaranteed spot in the 2008 St. George Marathon. Just mark St. George hopeful on your registration form. Bring your family and friends and have them run in your name for additional chances to win the comp. entry. See registration form and website for details.

5K Awards: $750 Cash prizes to top 3 male and female overall and masters.
Awards for top 3 in each of 16 male and female age divisions.

Course: Start at Holladay City Hall field, south on Holladay Blvd., Rt.on Hillsden, Haven to Cottonwood Lane, North on Cottonwood Ln. to Holladay Blvd. Finish at Holladay City Hall field.

Registration Fee: Pre-registration $20 by June 4 for 5K, $25 after June 4 and day of race. Kids Race $10 by June 4, $15 after June 4 and day of race. Remember to register early for guaranteed shirt on day of race.

Mail To: Heart of Holladay                     In Person Registration:                 More Info: John or Kris Erickson
4725 Sycamore Dr.                              Holladay City Hall                                         801-858-1074
Holladay, UT 84117                              4580 So. 2300 East                            Email: usatf@earthlink.net
                                                           801-272-9450                             Website: www.heartofholladay.com

Application form available on the Heart of Holladay website, but please use the one from the URL below:

http://fastrunningblog.com/hh-2008-form.html

This would be helpful for John and Kris to track down the effectiveness of Fast Running Blog advertising.

A plug from me - reasons to run the race:

* Certified record-eligible course. One of the few 5 Ks in Utah that would meet this requirement. Many courses are certified, but the start and finish separation make them not eligible for USATF to recognize a record set on that course.
* A well-organized race. John and Kris have been doing this for 20 years.
* Lots of data from previous years is available to analyze your performance.
* Very competitive. Part of USATF Circuit. Lots of fast runners to mingle with and learn from.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:08:17 am by Sasha Pachev » Logged
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:10:45 pm »

I hope we will get better sign-ups for this than we did in Magna. If you have signed up, please make it known if you do not mind, we want to keep track of how effective our advertising is for the race directors.
Tom
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 04:51:41 pm »

Kim and I are both signed up.

Also can't resist the urge to make one last plea to any bloggers who haven't signed up yet but plan on doing so.....there is a place on the entry where you can specify a name of someone running to enter them into the drawing for entry into St. George.

If you don't already have someone in mind please put "Kim Lee" and help us see if we can get Kim officially entered into SGM. Thanks!
Kim Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 05:01:54 pm »

Thanks for one more shameless plug in my behalf!  My brother also signed up through the blog website.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:23:32 pm »

What is his blog name?
Kim Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 07:22:55 pm »

He's not a blogger...YET!
Andrea Martinez
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 12:23:43 pm »

Thanks to Craig Green's suggestion, at least 10 of us (including Craig) are planning to run the Heart of Holladay 5K.  There are three of us in our group vying for the St. George spot.  I've printed and will distribute FastRunningBlog's specific registration forms for each of us to use. 

Andrea  Smiley
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:40:14 pm »

In regards to Andrea's post, I'll try to name the runners we signed up on Saturday. They aren't all bloggers, unfortunately. I've tried to convert all of them, and it's only worked on about half:

Andrea
Johnny
Craig
Natalie
Alicia
Miriam
Jason R
Tracy H

um... seems like I'm missing some. I'll fill it in more completely later. Anyway, we got about 10 and all the forms had the "fastrunningblog" header.
Andrea Martinez
Lurker

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 10:42:42 am »

Here are a few more names to complete Craig's list of HoH 5K runners:

Katherine
Esther (and possibly her cousin)
Renae (plus her son, don't know his name)
Traci H. registered her two kids
Miriam also registered her two kids

Many of the bloggers in our group are running the Summer Games 10k/5k that same weekend.  Otherwise, we'd be out in larger mass! 

P.S. For what it's worth, Craig ALWAYS finds a way to pitch the FastRunningBlog site to the people in our group.  He reminds me that I haven't posted my miles in a while.  Roll Eyes
Christina Robinson
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 04:35:12 pm »

Andrea--good to see you blogging again!  The bloggers going to the Summer Games are myself (Christina), Tracy1, and Marie Mullen.  If we weren't headed down that way, we'd be at the H of H for sure.
Jody Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 02:53:40 pm »

I signed up on Thursday in person. 
James Moore
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 10:46:05 am »

I sent in my form on the 5th.  It was a little ambiguous as to whether or not you could do that.
Anyway, would anyone who's running be able to give me a ride.  I live in the liberty park area and I was planning on using public transportation.
Cutika99
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 02:46:58 pm »

How is the course?  Seems fast from the times in recent years. That or it is just some very good competition. Have to decide whether I am going to race on Sat. 5k, 10 Mile, or just do a Long Run
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 03:03:29 pm »

It's a pretty honest course. Not fast, but not slow either. Fast first mile, slow uphill second mile, and moderate last mile. It's a  semi-loop with same start and finish, so not aided at all. It's a nice route, and goes through some cool neighborhoods (off of my memory anyway). Results appear fast because it has very good competition.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 03:58:28 pm »

Paul:

I think you are thinking Draper Days.

First mile is a mild rolling uphill. Second is a moderate downhill. There is a nasty half mile of uphill that never seems to end at the beginning of the second mile, then flat to the finish.

Heart of Holladay is more than honest being a loop course over the hills. It is USATF certified, the length is right. The times are relatively fast because fast people come. But not too fast. Teren could not break 15:00 last year, he should be running low 14:00s on a flat sea-level course.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: