Fast Running Blog
June 22, 2024, 09:12:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sasha science for Ogden  (Read 3051 times)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« on: May 08, 2008, 06:28:56 pm »

Sasha- you have done pretty well with Sasha science this year.  What are you predicting for all the Ogden runners?
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 09:25:44 pm »

You don't need to post what you think I will do just tell me after if you were close:)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:27:34 pm »

With Ogden being a fairly high-stakes race I am not going to post my predictions. If you want one for yourself, send me a private message.
I will say, however, as a general advice that an optimist has never done well in Ogden. If you come to the starting line a bit unsure of yourself and stay that way up until you climb the hill at mile 15 you'll reach your best time. Ogden is not Top of Utah. In Top of Utah you can run away from the competition in the first half and hold them off unless they outclass you or you are having a very bad day. In Ogden you will come back unless you outclass them or they are having a very bad day.
Superfly

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 01:25:11 pm »

My predictions is that unless he has a very, very bad day. Logan will run away from us all. I don't think it's really a high stakes race... I don't know why you'd think it was unless your main focus is to try and win money. I think it will be a fun race unless the wind is blowing like it was in the half.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »

I think it is a high stakes race because many runners use it as an excuse just to be getting going in the spring, so there is often not enough data from months of races and training runs from which to gauge how you start the race.  Combine that with 8 miles of downhill at the start, it is so tempting to run that first part fast and then I think people pay the piper at the end.  I read all the Ogden race reports from last year this week since I have never ran it, and my feel is that it is a course where hitting some type of wall is more likely than a standard marathon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: