Fast Running Blog
July 02, 2024, 01:31:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2559 times)
Ken Charest
Lurker

« on: May 02, 2008, 07:07:08 am »

Hi everyone,
My name is Ken, I go by boardsonfeet (reference to skiing, nothing to do with running Grin). I live in Southeastern Massachusetts. I returned to distance running back in 2000, I trained and began a steady schedule of half & full marathons particularly around 04 and 05. This past Winter I really fell off my training and was hoping to get the spark back and run a Boston qualifier this fall then Boston next April. I work in the Boston (Cambridge, over the bridge actually), so coming into work the day of the race, especially when the weather is as perfect as it was this year, I really got back my motivation. Hope to join in on some good conversations in the months to come.  I'm still trying to figure out the blogging part of this, so bare with me while I get use to it.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 09:15:44 am »

Welcome, Ken.  We're glad to have you and hope we can help you meet your goals.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 02:15:43 pm »

Ken-

Good to have you on board. As you might have gathered, the majority of us live in the moutain west (particularly UT). Up to last year, I had always been involved in running clubs before where I was the fastest runner. The blog changed that, and I finally got a fresh look at my training from faster runners. Start tracking your workouts in your blog, and then ask for an assessment of your training on the discussion board. You may find the advice on the blog different than your typical "less is more" runners world article. Generally speaking, we promote faster running through consistency in weekly workouts. Start off running shorter distances consistently (6x a week), even if you can only do 3 miles a day right now. While you're getting back into it, don't perform a workout that you won't be recovered from the next day.
Tim
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 05:52:56 pm »

Ken,

Welcome, I used to ran in high school and college and wanted to get back into the swing of running again and I have found this blog to be useful in keeping me motivated.  I live in Utah but I was actually in Boston last week, missed seeing the marathon due to work.  I go out there every once in while for work near the Woburn area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: