Fast Running Blog
May 23, 2024, 12:06:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blisters on feet  (Read 3179 times)
ktjo
Lurker

« on: February 21, 2008, 10:00:13 pm »

I have this blister on my little toe on the bottom that keeps getting deeper. It is getting to the point where I can't run on it and I noticed tonight as I ran my shin was starting to hurt because I was trying to shift my weight off my toe. I also have a blister on the bottom front of my other foot, although it dose not hurt so much. I don't know anything about this kind of thing. Any advice would be great.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:24:08 am »

I would first check if you are wearing good socks (sports socks, maybe even double layer ones) and if your shoes fit and are laced properly to prevent more.

As for your current blisters, you can try popping them and they stay off them for a day or two, if necessary.  Keep clean and dry (i.e. take off shoes and socks when possible).  Not sure what else you can do.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:46:31 am »

You might want to consider a friction-reducing product like body-glide on the areas where you're prone to these blisters.  You may want to cover the existing ones with moleskin to help protect them.  Bodyglide is good for the high-friction areas where you need to prevent blisters (but not on existing ones where the skin is broken, of course).  Injinji tetrasok are good at helping to prevent between toes blisters...they're like gloves for your feet where most socks are like mittens.
Dallen
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 09:08:34 am »

I second the socks and body glide ideas. Maybe your shoes are too tight.
ktjo
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 02:19:57 pm »

The one blister on my little toe is way to deep and not really rasied so I don't think I can pop it.  I did wear diffrent socks today that are less tight around the top toe part and it helped. Which is weird to me because the two days before I was wearing nice running socks that are pretty padded especially in the toe and heal.  So do blisters turn into caluses eventually?
Rambojr
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 02:46:43 pm »

Yes blisters can turn into calluses. I like they idea of mole skin and the glide that is what I have used in the past and it has worked pretty good...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: