Fast Running Blog
July 04, 2024, 03:05:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SGM Pacing  (Read 2467 times)
Neil Price
Vocal Lurker

« on: August 30, 2010, 01:57:06 pm »

I'm running SGM this year and I am interested in feedback regarding the organized pace groups.  Do the pace group leaders more or less aim toward even pacing?  If so, am I better off using the proposed splits derived from the course tool?  Any other general thoughts (pro and con) pertaining to running in pace groups would also be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:15:51 pm »

I have heard good and bad things about the pacers at SGM.  Each one is different so I would go meet them at the Expo the day before the race and ask what their strategy is.  If they are running even splits, don't run with them.  Here is a link to a weighted pace chart for SGM that has been very useful for a lot of people: http://www.zimtech.org/StGeoPaceCalculator.xls
Neil Price
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:44:57 pm »

Thanks Andy.  Looks like the chart suggests a slightly faster 2nd half.  Interesting. 
Scott Hughes
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:28:01 am »

I talked to apace group last year and he planned on even splits all the way. Personally I don't think that works well on this course so I haven't tried the pace group yet. I have also thought about running with a group for the first half and then move out to negative split ahead of the group-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: