Fast Running Blog
July 04, 2024, 04:11:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marathon Prep  (Read 2405 times)
Laurel Layton
Lurker

« on: November 05, 2009, 07:59:40 pm »

Hi everyone!
I ran my first marathon in Portland Or. on Oct 4 (my birthday), and fell in Love with Marathons, and everything associated with them.  Ive planned for next year to run Bloomsday in Spokane, The Coeur d'Alene Half, Mizzoula Half, and Portland Marathon once again in October 2010.  But, being new, I could use all the help I need.  I did fairly well in Portland, even though I had to have walking breaks, I just did not know enough about proper preparation.  I became very fatigued, and body sore, my cardiovascular system wasnt an issue, just musculoskeletal.  What can I do to become stronger, Weight Lift, Yoga?  I will be posting my training schedule, as time permits.  I welcome all constructive criticism.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:54:47 pm »

Congrats on your first marathon, and welcome to the addiction!

The best way to run faster and not be as sore or tired is simply to run more.  More mileage, consistent days.  Weight lift or yoga might help, but not as much as spending the same amount of time running. 
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 02:39:51 pm »

I agree with Jon.  The proper training technique is to just run as much as you can.  Find a mileage program each week that fits your schedule.  Not everyone can follow the same training of preparation.  Were all different.  But the one thing that helps is run more.
Rhett
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 02:09:16 pm »

Yep, just keep logging those miles until you can run it without the walk breaks, then start adding in tempo running and speeed work.  Good luck and keep on running.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: