Fast Running Blog
July 02, 2024, 01:56:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vibrams!  (Read 2413 times)
Shane
Lurker

« on: July 08, 2009, 10:04:51 pm »

I bought a pair of Vibram Sprints yesterday and went for my first run and fell in love! I just did two miles because I didn't want to overdo it and I can feel it in my calves today. Any advice as far as working them into training. Anyone run exclusively with them? I want to get used to them, but don't want to hinder my training.
Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:07:24 am »

Sasha is running exclusively in them or bare feet this summer.  He is probably the most die hard.

I run up to 6 miles in them and really like them.  However, I tend to only do it once or twice a week because I start feeling it in my feet after that - but that could be a combination of age (too many years in shoes) and a few extra pounds.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 02:59:24 pm »

I would try to run in them every day for as much as you can handle and recover from until you can run all of the mileage. E.g maybe 2 miles, then change to shoes. Then 3 miles, then change to shoes, etc. Consistency is important.
Shane
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »

Thanks for the advice...I will try to break my feet in nice and slow!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: