Fast Running Blog
July 06, 2024, 03:34:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best running gear  (Read 2858 times)
Fredrick Teichert
Vocal Lurker

« on: April 16, 2009, 10:01:32 pm »

So now that spring is (finally) upon us, winter running gear is on sale. To help others prepare for next year and buy while prices are low, please share your favorite running outfits. What do you wear when it's below freezing and what do you wear when it's above? For example, when it's below freezing i wear underwear, tights, compression shirt (polyester), long sleeved polyester fleece t-shirt with a polyester fleece zip-up over that, balaclava and fleece gloves; above freezing, underwear, tights, compression shirt, stocking cap, cotton gloves and a polyester fleece t-shirt or jacket. Running shoes and socks (no difference regardless of temperature). I don't like the compression shirt, by the way, it seems to trap sweat, so I'm looking for a solution. What works for you?
jeff
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:36:11 pm »

I swear by the compression shirts.  I wear them year round inside as well as outdoors.  Any other kind of shirt leaves me bleeding when I run more than 6-7 miles.  I find a comression shirt, light tech outer, tights and a hat is all I need above about 20 with gloves of course below freezing.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 07:44:06 am »

I swear by the Sporthill XC Pants- all I ever need in the winter on my legs.  They stand up even to the coldest, windiest Logan mornings.

Previous helpful post:
http://fastrunningblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,53.0.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:05:39 pm by Jonathan Allen » Logged
Fredrick Teichert
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:00:22 pm »

Thanks, Cuz. I remember that post. I've got to check out your Sporthill XC Pants. My favorite pair of tights are old enough to go to kindergarten and need to be replaced. Jeff, do you wear a compression shirt in the summer? I know what you mean about the bleeding, but that trapped sweat is annoying and makes me cold. I've got three different compression shirts of various weights and seem to have the same problem with all three (UnderArmour and Nike).
Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 06:58:40 pm »

Walmart has Dristar sweat pants for long sleeve shirts for $15 and $9. Those and some Mizuno Breathe Thermo gloves($15 online) is all I needed here, but it doesn't get much below freezing where I live.

-Mike

Running without hills is like motorcycling without corners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: