Fast Running Blog
May 17, 2024, 10:08:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New women's marathon OTQ standards announced last week  (Read 4892 times)
Bonnie
Posting Member

« on: December 29, 2008, 01:37:28 pm »

I have been waiting for someone else to post these, but no one did, so here I am.  Seeing how there are several women on the blog with Olympic marathon trials qualifier as their goal over the next couple of years.

http://www.usatf.org/events/2012/OlympicTrials-Marathon-Women/entry/qualifyingStandards.asp

Summary:

Women still have A (2:39) and B (2:46) standards; also, 1/2 marathon (1:15) and 10K (track, 33:00) times are eligible (B standard).   

Qualifying window is a shorter than the men's, with the window starting January 1, 2010 until 30 days before the OT or the USA marathon championships (October 4, 2009).
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 02:39:00 pm »

Interesting. It's also worth noting that the aided courses with a drop beyond that of Boston (3.25 m/km) are prohibited, just like in the men's standards. Women can also qualify at the U.S. Championships in Twin Cities next year before the main window opens. Looks like the men's U.S. championships will be the New York Marathon.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 05:10:02 pm »

I was totally looking all over usatf for this last week, and I left a voicemail for some poor guy asking about it on Christmas Eve.  It is a relief to have the info before my next marathon, even though I now know I can't qualify there.  BUT, I can practice qualifying  Cheesy  I am also glad they only twisted the screw by one minute (and the downhill prohibition, but we knew the latter was coming, and could only hand wring about the severity of the former).

Thanks for posting.
Bonnie
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:08:33 pm »

I was happy to see the B standard still within your grasp! 

Practice makes perfect  Grin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:14:00 pm by Bonnie » Logged
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 06:27:28 pm »

I was happy to see the B standard still within your grasp! 

"A" standard is in your grasp too...just keep reaching.
Superfly

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 07:43:38 pm »

Good luck Michelle in your "practice" run down there. I'm sure you'll do great. Hopefully the conditions are good and it will give you a real gauge of where your at and what you need to work on for the "real" deal.
Bonnie
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 09:35:52 am »

Whoops ... of course you are right Paul, I am more linear in my way of thinking (e.g., first B then A).
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 03:39:23 pm »

Awwhh, you guys!  Nothing like a nice cheerleading section, and people I have to report back to who actually know the difference between a 2:45 and a 2:55 for me. 

My workout today gave me some confidence and a look of hopefully things to come.  I think Bonnie is right, though, B first, the hopefully someday A.  I would be thrilled with a 2:46 at PF Changs.  It would be awesome!  Ok, I guess I better go eat an apple or something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: