Fast Running Blog
May 03, 2024, 10:43:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My taper plan for upcoming marathon  (Read 3540 times)
April G
Posting Member

« on: March 28, 2010, 01:01:14 pm »

I am approaching my second marathon in two weeks(April 10), aiming for a 3:15.  Training has been going well(at least I think so), I have tolerated the workouts and long runs and have been recovering quickly with almost no soreness.  As it stands now I have no injuries--all the little naggers that came up during training have gone away.  For this reason I am thinking a not-too-drastic taper is in order.  My main  question about my taper plan is if or when to insert a medium-length-run of 14-15 just to keep my body tuned to the distance?  I just did my last long run--22 miles--yesterday, which is two weeks from the marathon, and feel fine today.  Here is my tentative plan:

M--6 easy  T--14-15 easy W--6 in the stroller easy TH--6 stroller easy F--workout! 2x3 fast tempo pace(6:52 pace) Sat--10 easy with the tribe    =52 total miles

Race week M--6 easy  T--8 with last 3 at MP W--4 stroller easy TH off!!  F--2 easy Sat--RACE

Overtapering, undertapering, does it look about right?  Any suggestions are welcome. 

Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 04:39:36 pm »

That looks real good, April.  Is you Friday run 2x3mile tempo?  On your last Tuesday run, make sure you run relaxed and don't overdue your MP miles.  With this taper, you should be set.

One more question- how are you going to run 6 miles "in the stroller"?  Is this a wheelchair-stroller?  Wink
April G
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 08:15:20 pm »

Haha yeah stroller running has become a part of life for me and my 2 year old training partner.  --The 2x3 is 2 sets of 3 miles at faster than marathon pace with .5 brisk recovery.  I guess this is to make marathon pace feel really easy.
TODD KELLY
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:54:32 pm »

April G I like this taper, I might use some of it for mine for Ogden since we are going for the same time.  Except no stroller for me, I might need to throw in a extra 2x3 for that one.  Thanks
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 01:23:59 pm »

Looks good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: