Fast Running Blog
May 02, 2024, 12:37:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explanation of Gua Sha or Scraping  (Read 19895 times)
adam
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 02:45:41 pm »

Yes, that is what I meant. Just a little letter switching on my part. I was asking because the pt I work with said that the company (or whoever is behind the Aystm training) was trying not to let the training get out to LMTs.

I was mainly asking because I was wondering if you think your skill with gua sha would be even more effective with Aystm training, or if you think those trained in Aystm would benefit from gua sha, etc..

Josse

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 03:35:45 pm »

I would love to be trained in Aystm, but as you said it is strickly for PTs.   The guy who came up with the Aystm tools and training got it from Gua Sha and made the tool a little differant.  Patented (sp?) it and made a bunch of money.  There are actually many differant techniques taken from Gua Sha.  They just make there tools alittle differant and call it their own.
Josse

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 03:37:14 pm »

I would love to be trained in Aystm, but as you said it is strickly for PTs.   The guy who came up with the Aystm tools and training got it from Gua Sha and made the tool a little differant.  Patented (sp?) it and made a bunch of money.  There are actually many differant techniques taken from Gua Sha.  They just make there tools alittle differant and call it their own.
BTW-I don't do aystm I do Gau Sha.
Tyler
Lurker

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 11:01:19 am »

Rolling pin, as in what you use in the kitchen?

No, as in what you use on your kids.

Josse used her Gua Sha magic on some tendonitis I had a few months ago and it worked wonders. I thought my season was finished, but I ended up finishing it out and improving quite a bit. I'm totally sold on it. It hurts like no other.... but it's worth it.

That being said, I also prefer a rolling pin to the Stick, but sadly, I left mine behind in Boise and am missing it quite a bit. If only I weren't so darn lazy I'd go buy a new one.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: