Fast Running Blog
May 16, 2024, 02:03:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TOU pace group  (Read 6175 times)
allie
Posting Member

« on: September 09, 2008, 11:52:39 am »

Hey everyone running TOU...I am looking to get a pace group together if anyone is interested. Pace just under 3 hours is what I am going for. If anyone out there is planning on this same pace, please let me know! I hope everyone's training is going well; see you at the race!!!
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:17:25 pm »

I'm hoping to just sneak under 3 hours.  I'm not sure I have it in my right now but it is worth a shot.
Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 12:57:10 pm »

I assume you've already looked at Paul Peterson's pace charts.  Sub 3:00 is probably a little ambitious for me.
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:30 pm »

I assume you've already looked at Paul Peterson's pace charts.  Sub 3:00 is probably a little ambitious for me.
I've been studying them non-stop for the past week.  If I don't go sub 3, it will be Paul's fault.
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:23:05 pm »

yes, i have looked at the pace charts as well...and it will be ambitious...that is why i think it is a good idea to get a pace group together. we can motivate and push each other through all the ambitiousness.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 08:19:41 am »

I was planning on running the 5K then backtracking along the course until I hit Andy.  The plan is to try and give him the kick in the butt to finish strong.  If others are near him as well, even better.  I am not sure at what point int he course I will be.  I haven't done the math yet.  I would guess that I would there to help for the final 10K or so.
Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 01:13:24 pm »

Cody, if I wear heelys you could pull me in after I coast down the canyon. 
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:13:27 am »

Allie- I don't think I'll join the pace group for one main reason- I don't want to get you DQ'ed.  You should be in contention to win/place in the marathon.  If you have a bandit runner (i.e. me) pace you for the second half of the race and beat another woman by 1 minute or so, she could complain that you were unfairly aided which could result in you being DQ'ed and not get your prize money.  I don't think anyone would complain if a "middle-of-the-pack runner" gets some help, but helping an elite might be controversial. 

That being said, I hope you can hook up with some of these guys and they can help you to your sub-3:00.  I'll be cheering for you guys somewhere along the course or at the finish.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 09:02:26 am »

Geez look what I started!   I don't think she was asking for any unethical help.  Best of luck allie! 
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 09:09:40 am »

No, Allie wasn't the instigator here.  I had told her a few months ago that I may be able to meet her halfway and push her through the 2nd half to a sub-3:00, so I just wanted to let her know why I wouldn't be doing that now.  Again, the difference between Cody pulling Andy in (i.e. not a money position) vs. me pulling Allie in (possible winner).

Not trying to make a big deal of this, just explaining why I won't be joining them.
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 09:10:30 am »

No, Allie wasn't the instigator here.  I had told her a few months ago that I may be able to meet her halfway and push her through the 2nd half to a sub-3:00, so I just wanted to let her know why I wouldn't be doing that now.  Again, the difference between Cody pulling Andy in (i.e. not a money position) vs. me pulling Allie in (possible winner).

Not trying to make a big deal of this, just explaining why I won't be joining them.
Should I be offended by this?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:10:56 am »

If TOU were a few more weeks away from St. George, I would be willing to run the whole TOU pacing someone (with me as an official runner)- nothing wrong there.  But pacing for the second half as a bandit runner would be my only possibility this year, being 2 weeks before St. George.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 09:18:14 am »

Should I be offended by this?

Cheesy  No sir!  You should be happy that someone can help you through the last miles!  I know it helped me last year with Paul and Logan.  You should rub it in Allie's face- nany nany boo boo!  You get a pacer and she doesn't (unless, of course, you and her are running together, in which case she could also draft off your pacer). 
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 06:02:45 pm »

Thanks for letting me know, Jonathan. I wasn't thinking about getting an "aider" for the race, just a "pacer"...but I can see how some may feel this is controversial...hopefully I can meet up with some bloggers who are actually running the race and we can push each other through. But thanks again and good luck at SG!!!
Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 03:42:43 pm »

Perhaps Jon can pull a Harding/Gillooly for Allie since he's already a bandit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: