Fast Running Blog
May 16, 2024, 12:03:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Count for SLC Marathon  (Read 6760 times)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« on: April 11, 2008, 07:20:18 am »

Hi All, I was curious what the final FRB count for the SLC Marathon is?
I'm in full taper madness mode right now and can't wait to cross the finish line. I know at least 4 other bloggers will be there. Who else should I keep my eyes out for?
I have:
Sasha
Steve A
Dave H
Kory
Adam RW
Superfly

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:46:01 am »

Good luck guys. I hope you all have amazing races and shine through for the Blog. I guess here it is... I  mean the 2008 race season. With SLC and Boston and everything else happening it's time to start racing guys. You've all worked hard- Go get 'em.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 10:57:21 pm »

I'm excited and nervous, but I know it will be fun.  Just knowing I have a team name to be proud of gives me motivation.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:30:39 pm »

We don't have any women running next weekend?
Josse

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:54:19 pm »

It would be fun but I don't think I will race again until Ogden.  But good luck to all of you and I can't wait to read all the reports.  Kick some fastrunningblog booty.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:56:16 pm »

Josse, That's a shame. I was really hoping the FRB could sweep two marathons two weeks in a row! Great job on your race by the way. I only hope I can live up to the effort you put forth to take that win!
jtshad

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 05:38:03 am »

Good luck and have fun at SLC!  I will be watching for the race results in between beach time and drink time. 
Adam R Wende

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 09:55:24 am »

Just make sure to tip up an extra glass for me at about 9:35 mountain time...
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 10:41:39 am »

I just read about Devine's problems paying workers for the LA Marathon (linked in from Marathon Guide).  It makes me even madder at these idiots.  I have had a ton of trouble with them this year - I still don't even know if I am officially registered and they won't get back to me.  I really wish someone else would take over this marathon and help it grow and develop Intermountain talent instead of discouraging running by not paying athletes and workers.  I am going to try very hard next year to get another marathon in the spring instead of this one.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 10:59:24 am »

I just read about Devine's problems paying workers for the LA Marathon (linked in from Marathon Guide).  It makes me even madder at these idiots.  I have had a ton of trouble with them this year - I still don't even know if I am officially registered and they won't get back to me.  I really wish someone else would take over this marathon and help it grow and develop Intermountain talent instead of discouraging running by not paying athletes and workers.  I am going to try very hard next year to get another marathon in the spring instead of this one.

I hear there's a marathon at about the same time in Utah Valley...
jtshad

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 11:01:01 am »

Yeah, I just read that about the LA marathon.  And I also read that SLC races should top 12,000 people.  Devine seems to be having some trouble. 

Dave, I would contact Dustin Stark with Devine (801 412 6084), you may have more luck finding out your status.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 11:54:36 am »

I hear there's a marathon at about the same time in Utah Valley...

Paul your totally right - I am hoping that Utah Valley fits into my schedule for next year.  I was debating switch to it this year, but with being sick, I am glad I didn't.
Josse

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

Me and Steve got our money  that day!
James Winzenz

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 02:17:52 pm »

Me and Steve got our money  that day!
Now there's the mark of a race director who is really on top of things.  That speaks volumes for Hyrum's ability as a race director.  I hope he puts it on next year - I will try to keep myself in shape and run it.
Josse

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 03:05:14 pm »

I am pretty sure he is planning on it.  He has put in alot of money and work this year that he won't have to next year.  So it won't be as hard for him and I really think his #'s will go up next year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: