Fast Running Blog
May 14, 2024, 05:48:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: World's Top Ten Athletes  (Read 8973 times)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 02:32:23 pm »

Jon, It looks like you might have your match in posts. Steve has been on the blog for less than a month and already has 100 posts!!!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 03:26:12 pm »

Less than a month?  How about less than a week!  Yes, Adam, but this isn't a competition and I don't care if he posts more than me.  In fact, I've been thinking of cutting back myself- see if I can go a week or two without posting at all.  My wife would sure appreciate it.  Maybe I'll start right... now.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 03:31:54 pm »

What's an athlete?

I think the discussion of the best athlete is rather pointless unless you come with a reasonable and somewhat reliable measurement of athletic ability.
Steve Morrin
Posting Member

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 03:33:21 pm »

What's an athlete?

I think the discussion of the best athlete is rather pointless unless you come with a reasonable and somewhat reliable measurement of athletic ability.
For one thing, athletic ability should be measured by a combination of hard work and talent, because you need both to be the best.
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 09:15:48 pm »

Less than a month?  How about less than a week!  Yes, Adam, but this isn't a competition and I don't care if he posts more than me.  In fact, I've been thinking of cutting back myself- see if I can go a week or two without posting at all.  My wife would sure appreciate it.  Maybe I'll start right... now.
But Jon isn't everything a competition  Wink I stay up at night plotting how to beat Cheston on the mileage board and you on posts. Without that driving force there would be no purpose to my life  Cry However, my wife and your wife I think are on the same team. I think Sandra is going to have some anti-blog t-shirts made up...  Smiley
Sirenesque
Lurker

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 06:50:28 am »

I must agree with Sasha, criteria should be set to mark the definition of athlete.  That being said, I think Phelps was highly underrated.  The explanation given being swimmers don't perform well in sports outside the water, why should they, they don't practice those sports.  Swimming requires, power, endurance, and unbelievable cooridination and timing. 
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 01:38:21 pm »

I follow the criteria argument, yet I know an athlete when I see one.  Some folks don't need criteria...they're just better than everyone else in whatever sport they choose to pursue.  Top 3 all-time athletes...#1- Jim Thorpe (will make you track people happy), #2 Deion Sanders ("primetime" could do it all- baseball, football, and track), #3 Bo Jackson.  Still stand by Tiger Woods who'd probably be a great marathon runner if he decided to devote his life to distance running.  Again, I hate golf, yet know an athlete when I see one. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: