Fast Running Blog
May 03, 2024, 05:56:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: This one's for the GIRLS!!! Canyonlands Half Marathon/5 miler in Moab in March.  (Read 17808 times)
breanna cobler
Lurker

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 09:31:38 pm »

Ogden is a really fun, fast half. I like it alot, but I have never tried Moab. P.F. Chang 1/2 is my favorite race. It's so much fun. I've done it every year. I'm not sure what halves I'm doing this year, it will depend on track season, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing P.F. Chang.
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 10:27:31 pm »

OK, I have made a final decision about which half I am doing!  It's Moab or bust, baby!  My big end-of-the-year piano recital conflicts with Odgen.  (I know you think I could change it, but trust me, I can't.)  Of course, lots of FRB's will be at Odgen, so I am sure there will be a pretty good group there, too!  Registration for Moab starts in November, so we've got some time to play around with names.  I'll do a poll sometime in the next couple weeks.
MikL
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 02:23:22 pm »

I'm in on Moab. We love Moab and the course sounds really pretty. My running may not be so pretty, and who knows, I may end up switching to the 5 miler, but that makes it even more enticing! I like Paul's shirt idea...if I was fast! Clyde and I were thinking about reserving a condo that maybe a bunch of us could go in on and just pack in there?
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 03:29:35 pm »

Although Moab looks beautiful, Ogden looks a lot more doable to me with my work schedule. Also, it would help reduce my costs if I could find a family to stay with. It would be easy for me to fly into Salt Lake. I would really like to meet all the wonderful people on this blog!
Lulu:
There should be no problem finding a place to stay near Ogden. I would be surprised if we could not find 10 houses if we searched through every blogger and his connections.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 06:36:16 pm »

I think a 5 miler "may" be doable for me (definitely not the half though) I am leaning to Ogden for those of you undecided. Boston looks like our family vacation next year. Cash flow restricts a trip to Moab as well.
PS this is Bethany, didnt notice I was logged in as Cody.
Michelle
Lurker

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 09:21:12 pm »

I still think that I want to do Moab.  When are the dates on Ogden?  Maybe we could use Ogden as a back up if we weren't able to get into Moab.  Should we think about getting those condos sooner than later and then cancel if we don't get in.  I think that I will be taking the hubby, possibly a couple of kids, but that's depending on the housing situation we could flexible there.  Mik'L do you know where to check into the condo rental.
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 09:40:16 pm »

Ogden is May 17th--same day as the marathon.  There will be zillions of bloggers there!  So it is a great fallback, only I will have to miss it this year.  : (  I LOVE the idea of sharing condos.  Michelle, could you head that up since you live closest?
Michelle
Lurker

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 09:04:38 pm »

They are two months apart, I know I'm sounding ambitious but we could do both? ( For those who live close.) 
MikL
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 09:54:06 am »

Michelle you are sounding ambitious! But maybe...I think Clyde might do the Moab Half and Ogden Marathon, so we will probably be at both. I'll find out where to look in to the Moab condos and post later.
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 01:54:46 pm »

Ogden also has a half in March as well It is the first half of the marathon course,  that is the one I was talking about.  But the one that is with the Marathon would be great it is the last half of the course which would be faster.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 06:55:38 pm »

stacey-i think that is a great idea about the wasatch back relay...i've always wanted to do it!!!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 06:57:21 pm »

opps. that is marci that said that above..i am signed on JOn's for some reason!
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 09:22:41 pm »

Moab for me! Remember Heather's in too. We just have to make sure to register in a few weeks right? Stacy- I'm interested in Wasatch Back too!
M@r(!
Lurker

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 11:05:52 pm »

Don't totally hate me girls...but i think i am going to do the Ogden race. 
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 07:24:53 am »

There's nothing wrong with doing Ogden--good goal, Marci!  There will probably be lots of FRB's there.  Just make sure to come to St. George again next year, so we can all say 'hi' to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: