Fast Running Blog
May 03, 2024, 12:18:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: This one's for the GIRLS!!! Canyonlands Half Marathon/5 miler in Moab in March.  (Read 17807 times)
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« on: October 11, 2007, 03:16:13 pm »

OK girls!  The Canyonlands Half Marathon is on March 8th, and we are going to register as a group.  It's not a relay or anything--we just either all get in or don't get in.   So who's in?  So far it is Lybi, Michelle, Mik'L, and Christi.  Anybody else?   What about the 5 miler?  Same day and location.  Just an excuse to get together, really.  So leave your name and which race you want to do.  Also leave name ideas for our group(s).  I was going to write out a whole bunch of suggestions, but I've gotta be honest--I'm feeling too lazy to be creative just now.  So far the name suggestions are "Dashing Divas" and "Shuffling Sistas".  I was thinking about the "St. George Angels" or something, just because I like the idea of angels--like "Charlie's Angel".  EVERY girl invited.  No exclusions on this blog!
Laura
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 08:05:32 pm »

Hey, if there are shorter races, I'd like to come too!  I don't think I could pull off a half marathon in 6 months - at least not without injury.  Maybe I could run the 5 miler with Stacy - if she's still thinking of coming.

I can't think of a good name, but I was thinking of a t-shirt that said something like: "Fast running bloggers.  [second line] We'll chick ya in the end!"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:27:19 pm by Laura Bowler » Logged
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 08:29:59 pm »

Hey, Cody, they're stealing your motto!  Cheesy
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 09:47:05 pm »

Hey, Cody, they're stealing your motto!  Cheesy

Thats all I need... more chicks in shape.  I have a hard enough time as it is to not get chicked.  I like the motto though!
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 10:54:16 pm »

Laughing...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 11:00:21 pm by Lybi` » Logged
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 02:16:07 pm »

I'm in.  I would go with Charlies Angles.  But I like Lauras too.  And if we don't get in we should do Ogden half it is a couple of weeks later, its a good one.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 02:19:34 pm by Josse » Logged
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 02:49:54 pm »

Maybe forget Moab and just go to Ogden. No lottery. Less expensive - we have a lot more bloggers in the area to stay with. The closest we have to Moab is Michelle in Richfield, and it is quite a drive. I think the entry fee is less. Plus, we can have another blogger party. And, I have a higher opinion of Ogden - they do a really good job on the prize money, unlike Moab which can give a lot, but gives exactly nothing, Ogden gives what they reasonably can. For me this makes more of a difference than a chance for some extra income if I run well and the competition does not. It draws the line between a race and a running parade. I get a greater sense of accomplishment out being booted out of money with a quarter to go in a money race than from winning a no prize money race by 5 minutes.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 03:30:44 pm »

Moab is basically a vacation race, and gives a good chance to get some sun and warm weather at the end of a long winter. Stacy and I are going for our fifth time, just because it's fun! It's good there will be some FRB groups going as well.

How about a shirt that says "Fast Running Blog" on front, and "You just got chicked!!" on back?
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 03:43:14 pm »

I love that idea for the shirt, Paul!  He he he.  Hmmmm about Ogden.  I like that it is cheap and has no lottery.  Is there an airport in Odgen?  That would help.  But I do really want to run with Michelle and Mik'L and Stacy etc.  I suspect I'll end up taking the path of least resistance.  I go where the FRB Chicks go!   
Lulu
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 04:08:35 pm »

Although Moab looks beautiful, Ogden looks a lot more doable to me with my work schedule. Also, it would help reduce my costs if I could find a family to stay with. It would be easy for me to fly into Salt Lake. I would really like to meet all the wonderful people on this blog!
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 04:19:29 pm »

OK- I'm a little slow to get into the discussion forum.  I'm cool w/ Moab or Ogden.  My parents live in SLC, so good place for me to stay and I could have run for a few others as well! But like Lybi- I go where the FRB Chics go- so we'll have to vote on it.  I gotta say, I also really like the look of the PF Rock n' Roll 1/2 in AZ in Jan- I would consider that instead of Painter's if anyone else is game... My friend Heather is interested in doing the Moab 1/2 if that's the one we decide on- so add that to the group for lottery.  Paul- I LOVE your t-shirt idea!!!!
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 04:20:39 pm »

I meant to type I have "ROOM" for people at my parent's house if we go to Ogden run... duh!
Lulu
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 04:23:39 pm »

Christi,
You can edit your posts. Click "modify" in the upper right corner of your post after you push save. It allows you to edit. Grin
Stacy
Lurker

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 06:38:18 pm »

Yeah, I'm definitely in.  At this point I'm not ready to commit to the half, since I can't even run a mile yet without walking (my short-term goal), but I'm planning on doing the 5 miler.  The nice thing about Moab is that you can switch between the two races without any hassle.  So, you could theoretically sign up for the half and then switch to the 5 miler if you aren't ready when March comes around.

Paul--I love your idea for the shirt, too, and it has nothing to do with being married to you.

On a slightly related note--we should get a team together for the Wasatch Back Relay.  It would be so fun!  (That might be the first time I've used the word fun in reference to running.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:03:20 pm by Stacy » Logged
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 07:34:06 pm »

I'm up for what ever, Moab is fun but Ogden is to and I like the course better and the less expensive part to.  For the shirts we can do "Fast Running Blog Angles" on front, and "You just got chicked!!" on back?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: