Fast Running Blog
May 04, 2024, 09:15:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleting a shoe  (Read 3733 times)
Snowy
Lurker

« on: August 30, 2009, 02:19:10 pm »

When a shoe is totally retired from use, it must remain on the shoe manager forever?
"Error: Cannot delete shoe with existing entries, delete those first"

My penchant for tidiness makes me wish I could truly delete the shoes that are never to be worn again. One shoe on my list was a shoe I took back to the store after one run; certainly I don't need to look at that miserable thing again and again.  Others are just plain done and I don't care to have a permanent record of how many miles I got out of them.

Perhaps there could be a dialog box asking if one is sure they want to remove a shoe permanently?  Then those of us who want a cleaner shoe list could have it.  Smiley

Thanks very much!!
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:13:40 pm »

You can simply click the button that indicates if you want to show that particular shoe or not and specify that you don't want it shown on the tracker.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:40:13 pm »

Note even if you never plan to run in that shoe again that you have a record of running in that shoe that shows on the blog. So you cannot delete it without compromising your past entries. Thus you are only allowed to delete the shoes that have no training entries associated with them. I should probably create separate tabs for current shoes and retired shoes.
Snowy
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 09:33:40 am »

So the data is tied to my entries? Dang. OK. Thx.

(Jtshad - thanks, but I was hoping to get them off of the shoe manager page. Thanks anyway.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: