Fast Running Blog
May 04, 2024, 10:22:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "FREE" SPOTS IN 2009 NYC MARATHON  (Read 1944 times)
stevehooper
Lurker

« on: March 30, 2009, 12:27:33 pm »

Hello Everyone, I received the following email from one of my buddies (Jesse Kimball) that's friends with Ethan (the guy that won Survivor a few years back).  They are looking for people to run the NYC Marathon in 2009 and raise money for "Grassroot Soccer" a charity that Etahn started that helps in the Fight Against HIV and AIDS. If you are interested please read the email below and send me a private message through the blog.  - Thanks, Steve Hooper

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

"Hi guys,
Grassroot Soccer is in the process of becoming an official charity of The IMG NYC Marathon. They are interested in having me put together a team of runners. Team will be Nike and consist of celebrities and former /current pro athletes. They like the idea of crossover athletes (ie, Lance Armstrong, keri strugg, brandi chastain)
I'd like to invite you to run and if you can't run, suggest someone that may be interested. We will probably have 20-40 slots. Only hook is you have to raise a minimumof $2500 bucks to run.
Let me know your thoughts.
Ethan"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: