Fast Running Blog
May 04, 2024, 12:39:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 500  (Read 4417 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: June 06, 2008, 07:58:00 am »

Congrats on the FastRunningBlog getting its 500th member! I'm proud to say I joined when there were something like 30 members. Nice to see that growth has been "Ragnar-ish" over the last year or two.
Kim Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:09:14 am »

Good word..."Ragnar-ish"!  I think it describes the growth perfectly! 
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:50:22 am »

500 members, but how many are really active right now? 
Cal
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:24:32 am »

I'm sure Sasha can give a more accurate assessment, but by my calculations
47% have blogged since June 1st,
61% have blogged since May 1st,
78% have blogged since January 1st.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 11:45:02 am »

That seems to be a fairly consistent pattern. We have always had about 50% active bloggers (at least one entry in the last two weeks). Which I find to be higher than what I originally expected. I am also pleased to see a very civil spirit. Even when we disagree, we just disagree, we usually manage to avoid personal attacks. The language stays clean even with no automated profanity filters.

Compared to how many people view the site, very few join, but those who do tend to stay and become involved.

I would be interested to hear the stories of different bloggers how they found it, what made them decide to join, and what made them decide to stay.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 12:07:12 pm »

I would be interested to hear the stories of different bloggers how they found it, what made them decide to join, and what made them decide to stay.

Perhaps have a blogger testimonial page? People can write their stories and you can just copy/paste to the page when someone gives you a new testimonial. It would be a nice way to advertise the effectiveness of the blog without you having to do any work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: