Fast Running Blog
May 18, 2024, 12:20:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Park City 5k Cross Country Style...October 3rd..FREE ENTRY 9:15 RACE TIME change  (Read 2824 times)
Cutika99
Lurker

« on: August 30, 2009, 08:42:39 pm »

Park City HS will be hosting a high school cross country invite on Saturday October 3rd. Before the high school races will be an open race on the cross country course. The course is near the National Ability Center on a brand new cross country ski trail that was completed last year. The trail has great footing, is about 12 foot wide in most places, and made from road base. It is hilly, with most of the uphill in the first mile and downhill in the third mile. The course is great for spikes or racing flats. Below is some info. Everyone is welcome to run and then you can stay and watch the HS kids duke it out (and see if you can beat their times). Below is some info.

Where: Quinns Junction in Park City. Right off Highway 40 Exit 4. (about 30 minutes from SLC)
When: October 3rd, OPEN RACE at 9:30...High school girls 10, boys 10:30
What: 5k cross country race
Prizes: Gift certificates from local businesses (not sure on amounts as of yet, will let you know)
Cost: FREE -- We do ask for a donation, but if you can't afford it, run for free!! (goes toward Park City Cross Country)
Shirts: Available if you want, not sure of prices yet.

We have yet to set up online registration, but that will be soon. If you are looking for a 5k that weekend, please consider us. Thanks and keep running.

Email me with any questions or call at 810-625-3761
Email: mrcuttitta@yahoo.com or scuttitta@pcschools.us

Steve C
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 04:10:02 pm by Cutika99 » Logged
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:50:49 pm »

I think this is great, unfortunately I'll be doing the St. George Marathon.  However, I think this is a great way to help promote your local cross country program.  I mean you already will have the course set up, why not have a public race also.  Especially somewhere as scenic as Park City, I hope the race is a successful.  When I was coaching in Colorado, Aspen HS always held an open race right before the high school races, was always lots of fun to put the spikes on and see how your time compared to the high school kids.
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 08:03:30 pm »

Steve, Long time no see. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If I'm recovered I would like to join you. I great excuse to bring out the spikes again!
Cutika99
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 06:10:52 pm »

Hey Adam,
Nice job at TOU. Not for me this year. I am going to run Las Vegas in December, and had a fun run last week at the Mid Mountain. It's 2 weeks, you can run a 5k then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: