Fast Running Blog
May 11, 2024, 02:10:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fill the Ark 5k (June 14th)  (Read 2074 times)
Mark Olson
Lurker

« on: June 12, 2008, 11:58:31 am »

If anyone is interested in a 5k this Saturday that will be less competitive than the Heart of Holladay, let me direct your attention to the nearby Fill the Ark 5k in East Millcreek.  I know it's last minute, but I'm making a final push because based on pre-registration numbers we are close to breaking our records for participation and, especially, fund-raising for our charity, Heifer International ($10,000 or bust!).

In last year's men's race we had an exciting finish between 2 FRB bloggers, with a winning time of 17:31 (expect a faster time this year due to an easier course.)  The women's race should be wide open, with Susan Nielson (winner of 4 or 5 of our previous races) out of commission due to pregnancy.  The winners of our race traditionally get nice watches complements of OC Tanner (no, they aren't Rolexes, but they are nice!)

All age group winners get prizes, and we have some of the best raffle prizes around.  So far we have over 100 prizes for the raffle--stuff ranging from local store gift certificates and Deer Valley lift tickets to merchandise from OC Tanner and other businesses.

Pre-registration is open through 5 p.m. tomorrow night at runnercard.com for $15.  Day of race registration is $20.  Both of those include t-shirts.  There is also a family rate of $25 for as many people as you have in your immediate family (doesn't include t-shirts--$5 extra), but you'll have to get me the printed registration form by tomorrow night.  There is also a one mile "walk" if you have family members who don't feel up to the 5k.  You can find more details at www.filltheark5k.org.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 12:03:21 pm by Mark Olson » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: