Fast Running Blog
May 12, 2024, 03:58:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deep Water Running Study  (Read 2039 times)
Jeffrey McClellan
Lurker

« on: August 25, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »

For any of you that live near Las Vegas or St. George, I am looking for volunteers to participate in a research study on deep water running that I am starting to help with here at UNLV.  Helping with this would basically consist of doing some running on a treadmill, running on the Alter-G (an anti-gravity treadmill) and then running in the water.  Participation would depend on whether or not you fit into the dry suit (shouldn't be a problem for most, unless you are significantly smaller than me).

The head researcher for this project is flying in from Japan on the 13th of September, and will be here for a couple weeks.  We would need to do a teaching session first so that you know what you are doing, and then you would come back into our lab to actually do the test.  For those of you that live in St. George, if there are enough takers we could potentially come up there to get you oriented so that you would only need to come down to Vegas once.  Most any time that you can come in works for us (including Saturdays).

So, basically if there are any of you with a desire to run a little, and to try out some really cool toys let me know, and we will see if we can get something worked out.  Any takers?
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:52 pm »

What are you studying in these various forms of running?  Be sure to keep us posted on your results.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: