Fast Running Blog
May 03, 2024, 01:52:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Most Consistent" Board  (Read 3356 times)
Steve P
Posting Member

« on: February 21, 2009, 03:11:00 pm »

I have dreams of one day making it onto the mileage board, at least for a few seconds. Then my ego will be stroked, and I can go back to anonymity.  Grin But since that might not happen too soon because my mileage is still relatively low and because I don't run on Sundays (and thus play catch-up the rest of the week). I was thinking it would be good to have a Most Consistent Board. This would be a motivation to runners to stay very consistent in their training and then get recognition for their efforts, even if their mileage is less than others. So it would be something like # of weeks in a row when you ran 5+ days a week. Or something like that.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:50:04 am »

Consistency highly correlates with mileage, so perhaps a separate consistency board is not worth the work.

BTW, I've done as much as 127 miles in a week without running on Sunday, and I did not do it to score high on the mileage board either - it came naturally. You can easily be on the first page of the mileage board training 6 days a week. However, do not up the mileage just for the board. Let it happen naturally.
Steve P
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:19:55 am »

No matter how consistent they are, some people will never make it to the first pages of the mileage board. Not everyone has the time or interest in running long miles. This is just one alternative for highlighting people who are meeting their goals but maybe not following the 10-miles-a-day recipe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: