Fast Running Blog
May 02, 2024, 11:28:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Stats  (Read 14766 times)
Eric Day
Posting Member

« on: January 15, 2009, 05:35:28 pm »

Just an idea...it would be great to see the community stats: daily mileage, monthly and/or yearly, but this on each blog main page... interesting & inspiring information. The sum of everybody's mileage!

As I said before, just an idea...

Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:13:12 am »

Cero replies would translate to no interest?
 Huh

adam
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:35:05 am »

Didn't catch it until now. It would be interesting to see all of that. I'm sure we would have a bunch of overall miles.

Also cool would be a link on the main page to the blog reports on the popular races from the week before. It would be cool to click on a link on that said something link "Painter's Half" and see the listing of everyone who did it.

Even better would be if there was some aspiring writer/blogger out there who could write a race recap on the more popular races for everyone to read. Kind of a fastrunningblog race news section.

Or just another brainstorm here, a news section where each day a few random blogs have headlines about what happened to them like: Paul finds rat/apple thing floating in river, Sasha crushes the 8:00 guy on icy trail, Crockett runs around Utah Lake, AirDarkhorse vents on economy, etc.

I think I'm done for the day.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 12:21:40 pm »

a news section where each day a few random blogs have headlines about what happened to them like: Paul finds rat/apple thing floating in river, Sasha crushes the 8:00 guy on icy trail, Crockett runs around Utah Lake, AirDarkhorse vents on economy, etc.

Adam, just link into any of those blogs and they are all pretty much just daily events!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 07:22:33 am »

Even better would be if there was some aspiring writer/blogger out there who could write a race recap on the more popular races for everyone to read. Kind of a fastrunningblog race news section.

There actually is a "News" blog. I even intended to write some race summaries for it. But the thing is, nobody has time to do something like that. Or at least I'm not seeing any volunteers. Sasha is good at getting people to do stuff for free, but not THAT good.
adam

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 12:52:29 pm »

Oh yeah...I remember that news blog now.

Guess that means it's already up and we just need someone to do it.

Who wants to do it? Anybody?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 02:34:48 pm »

I think the person who brought it up usually becomes the volunteer.  Roll Eyes
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 03:17:33 pm »

Thanks Adam for volunteering !
 Grin

adam

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 04:17:07 pm »

oh, sorry guys, i already 1-2-3 not it'd it. i just assumed everyone else did too after me.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 04:39:55 pm »

Just kidding Adam.
The think Paul is an excellent blogger, and good candidate for this, don't you think.

Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 04:52:20 pm »

Just kidding Adam.
The think Paul is an excellent blogger, and good candidate for this, don't you think.

Yeah, that really worked out the first time with me and the News blog. I think I got fired from it for not showing up to work.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 04:55:20 pm »

Heard of "Second Opportunities" ?
 Wink

Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 09:16:05 am »

Based on Sasha's philosophies, I have misbehaved and need to have privileges and freedom taken away from me. This news blog would be better run by the Obama administration.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 09:19:39 am »

Ok, I give up!
 Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: