Fast Running Blog
May 07, 2024, 09:22:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Northwest Passage Relay recruiting  (Read 33427 times)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 08:21:16 am »

For planning purposes, are most of the Utah folks planning on flying or driving to this race?  Also, are we renting 2 minivans (or other vehicle), or will we have some volunteered?  I'm trying to estimate the total cost and time commitment for this event.  The drive from Logan would be 900 miles each way.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 08:44:59 am »

For planning purposes, are most of the Utah folks planning on flying or driving to this race?  Also, are we renting 2 minivans (or other vehicle), or will we have some volunteered?  I'm trying to estimate the total cost and time commitment for this event.  The drive from Logan would be 900 miles each way.

I imagine I will fly out. I will be running the Des News 10K on the 24th, and will just get a flight that morning after the race. For me, time is money, and I don't want to spend the time driving when I can fly there in 2 hours. Regarding minivans, hopefully we can scare up something locally without having to pay for it.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 09:12:08 am »

I'd volunteer my vehicles but I have no vans....biggest is a pickup truck unless folks don't mind riding in a horse trailer (which would require a whole set of unlikely permissions from my boss...er, spouse).

I do have one free rental day with National that I'd be more than happy to contribute.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 09:19:59 am »

I do have one free rental day with National that I'd be more than happy to contribute.

Dale - that would be awesome!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 09:36:10 am »

riding in a horse trailer

Dale- that would be awesome!

(actually, it's not allowed, but still)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 09:47:55 am »

Yep, the horse smell would mask my body odor nicely. Just throw a couple beds and couches in there and call it good.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 09:56:55 am »

Yep, the horse smell would mask my body odor nicely. Just throw a couple beds and couches in there and call it good.

My likelihood of getting approval from the trailer ownership group (in which I think I have a technical membership, much like an honorary degree for those that provide significant financial support to universities) is somewhere south of the "not a blazing chance in ...".

I will try to make myself useful due to my proximity (I live about 100 miles from the southern part of the course, 1.5-2 hours from the airport in the opposite direction from the course)....it's probably easier for me to bring things like sleeping bags, a cooler, etc. since I do live in the state.  I'm sure someone has some type of packing list that I'd be more than happy to try to fill using stuff stored in my garage instead of making folks lug that stuff through the airport.  Just let me know what to start taking inventory of.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 08:37:34 am »

I will also be flying. It sounds like we'll need to rent some vans there.
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 09:19:57 am »

Dale-

FYI: I will turn 35 on the 2nd day of this race Wink
I think someone wants you guys to throw him a big birthday party.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 12:13:33 pm »

Josse is watching this thread because she wants to do the race --- wait, why am i watching this thread?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 12:50:47 pm »

Josse is watching this thread because she wants to do the race --- wait, why am i watching this thread?

lurker :-0

Seriously, if anyone wants to do this race and thinks they can average 7:00/mile or faster, speak up! Don't be shy.
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 01:27:40 pm »

I would love to do this but have to figure out if I can work it out logistically.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 01:42:58 pm »

I would love to do this but have to figure out if I can work it out logistically.

Cool. I'll add you as "maybe". Keep me posted.
Josse

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 01:55:01 pm »

Yes Paul I would love to go and do this but I don't think my husband would be to excited about me going and spending a weekend with a bunch of guys.  Maybe if you don't get enough people you can ask him.  Doesn't hurt to watch does it.
Josse

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 04:40:49 pm »

--- wait, why am i watching this thread?
HMMM maybe cause you want to do it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 04:44:08 pm by Josse » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: